Dynomatic help

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As mentioned in my introduction, here's a pic hopefully of my matching Dynomatic cruisers. 4 spd Shimano hub, appear to be all original. Serial numbers start with "WYN7...". The paint lines between the silver and black are not "crisp"....looks to be done somewhat by hand, but still original? Seem somewhat rare or unusual in the Dyno world but I really don't know. Can anyone enlighten me as to what I have?
Dyno Bikes.jpeg

I don't know anything about value or rarity, or years produced, but I know the Dynos are high quality bikes. I'd say that you have a really cool pair of cruisers, and someone to ride em along with you too. Priceless.

Hi Matti. Yes, they do seem to be very well built. Great rides, albeit I may add taller handlebars to mine if I get an urge. Since they seem all original, I don't really want to mess with them (permanently) as an unviolated pair. Best I've learned, they're older models as there are no gussets. However, the external kickstand seems like a later feature? I don't know why GT would have changed to that option. All of the pics I'm seeing online have the welded insert tube on the bottom bracket which seems cleaner to me. Hopefully someone will know exactly what I have here. Need my time for a bathroom reno at the moment:) I'm getting the impression that these are Dyno Glides and the "matic" part is a version of the Glide?

I did a bunch of research awhile back, when I picked up a Dyno in 2017. I can't verify any of this but this is what I remember. The "D" head badge instead of a plate is one of the early models. 95 was the first year and in 98 underwent changes that included the head badge difference. The serial numbers on Dynos are a puzzle everywhere I looked. I guessed mine was a 97 and also had a build date of Nov 03, stamped on the bottom bracket also. Mine was original down to the tires, the seat and handlebars must have been stolen, the bike had no wear, even had the nubs on the old dry tires. I replaced the missing seat and bars with Electra parts, the closest thing I could find. I've never seen your paint scheme, but Dyno had many different styles.
49138_739688af377042237be03a0ece57fb06.jpg

17857628_120300003071735778_2112223958_n.jpg

52846_06edffbc7d5ad36505f68d49097a1c52.jpg

That's great info Wildcat. That backs up what I've been learning as well. With the hard fork and the 4 spd hub, I think it's technically an Ultra Glide? Not sure why the Dynomatic label...maybe just the hub designates it as "Dynomatic"? I saw the same paint scheme in a pic with a deep blue replacing the black, still silver cut-ins. I think both were quite limited. My bikes have some chips and scratches. Someone previously enjoyed them which is the point:) Fun hunt for information anyway. They're great bikes and fun to ride. I guess what's most unusual is coming across an original, matching set. Cheers!

Latest posts

Back