Early Kufftom.... BO fail!!!! with pics.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would like a paint scheme like original ones but want a mean looking bike think I will stay all black for the moment.
At the moment looking for spoke lenght to order right ones. First time I build a wheel from zero.

Rims and tires are ordered, tonight frame is naked

IMG_2873.JPG

Need some help on this...

IMG_2850.JPG

Skiptooth chain have a fast link from a modern chain. Is it possible to find fast link for this kind of chain or can I break the chain to add one or more links??

This part also feel strange to me. Came loose very easily, no need of a hammer. does it happens sometimes or not??
IMG_2872.JPG

Thank you for your help.

I had to add a link to my skiptooth, luckily I had another chain with a master. I broke the chain just as easy as a modern one. I have also had loose bb cups before, mabey it got replaced at sometime? shouldn't be a problem unless it is too loose.

Thank you Bikedude.

Small progress:

Rack and fork are taking a bath
IMG_2877.JPG

New rims and tires are here!!! Hope this combo will fit Under my monarch fenders...
IMG_2904.JPG

Rims are already polished but sides are machined for brakes. Want them completely polished so started sanding....lots of hours left...my fingers already hurt!!!!

Took apart original wheels to use hubs.
Front one is completely rusted Under that silver paint. Started polishing it too.
IMG_2893.JPG

Rear hub needs some attention too. Also have spokes to be polished.... Think i must buy new fingers right now, mine will die soon!!!:D

How wide are the new rims? They look great.

Sometimes I hate myself so much!!!!

I have an idea deep in my mind and want to stick with it but...means I'm going backward rather than making progress.

Rims were nice but not enough for me so...machined sides has to go...

IMG_2908.JPG

IMG_2910.JPG

...as well as the industrial polishing which isn't good enough for me

IMG_2957.JPG

It really is a boring and discouraging work...hope it will be woth it at the end.

Between long hours of sanding I have started detailing ...

IMG_2912.JPG

IMG_2927.JPG

Finally received fenders and chaingard....now I know why they were cheap!!!! A lot of bodywork to do. Mainly because wheels and fenders wil be the most noticeable feature on the bike and I want the fit to be as close as possible and perfect..

IMG_2920.JPG

IMG_2923.JPG

Progress??? What progress???
I hate myself...:headbang:

All of the tedious work will pay off in the end.
Just keep plugging along.

Any progress on this beauty?

Not a lot.
Had to prepare a piece for an art exhibition about nose art.
Waiting for polishing stuff to finish rims. Front fender is now straight.
And yesterday I just got fired for economical reasons after 12 years... So... Really hope to finish it...

Not a lot.
Had to prepare a piece for an art exhibition about nose art.
Waiting for polishing stuff to finish rims. Front fender is now straight.
And yesterday I just got fired for economical reasons after 12 years... So... Really hope to finish it...
That's terrible,after 12 years.
Companies always have to blame the economy. Good luck to you.

I'm back!!!! Stronger than ever!!!!!!

Just for my own pleasure after bad news of the month, here is my art piece from the nose art exhibition.

10984636_10205953327866413_5036911104765495377_n.jpg

Now for the bike....
Not happy with my first polishing I have ordered some more Professional stuff...and it works a lot better!!!!! Rims, hubs and spokes are all shiny now.

So tonight just started lacing the front Wheel. Hope the lacing is ok. Wheels are the main thing of this built because the bike will be built around them...you will understand later.

IMG_3422.JPG

IMG_3423.JPG

Last week I have started straightening fenders...
No special tools available so... did it with what I had.
Front fender is now straight. Rack too was in bad shape and now straight as an Arrow.

IMG_3028.JPG

IMG_3052.JPG

IMG_3360.JPG

Started to modify fender braces because didn't have monarch ones.

Next step...truing Wheel and start fitting fenders.

Still a lot to do!!!

Love that bowling pin fender anvil!!!
Wheel polished up nice too

The nose art is beautiful, if that is any indication of what this build is gonna look like, we're in trouble!!!

Worked as much as possible on it but now on holidays so no time before next month...
Another build off fail !!!!!!:(

It will sure be finished later....

Here is all the progress done these past days.

Mock up of the front. very happy with the look but tire rubbing everywhere...had to make room. It was a lot of brainstroming to keep an almost stock appearence. Modified fork and fender and no more rubbing.

Same thing at the rear, can't even mount the Wheel...so a lot of work bending and cutting the frame which appeared to be twisted also.:banghead:. Also modify it for the crank.
Wasn't very proud to modify it at first but now it's too late!!!!!:D

Now...pics.

IMG_3438.JPG

IMG_3452.JPG

IMG_3451.JPG

IMG_3455.JPG

IMG_3446.JPG

IMG_3448.JPG

IMG_3449.JPG

IMG_3458.JPG

Here it is now...more soon.
Congrats to all the builders!!!!!!!!!!!