Easter stretch

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a bit of spare time this morning before Easter lunch with the family. So I decided to have a go at the stretch cruiser I've been planning. I've got other plans for BO17, so it was chopping time.
20220417_101512.jpg

Starting point.

20220417_105217.jpg

Chop

20220417_105223.jpg
this'll work for a jig

20220417_105556.jpg

20220417_105612.jpg

7" added in

20220417_115045.jpg

All welded up, ready for a clean up.
No sure if I'll add a mid bar, or keep it simple as is?

Looking good so far!

If you make a set of twin bars or even a single bar, I think it'd be a good idea to continue the line the seat stays provide, like what Wildcat and Matti suggested. Maybe you could even make the line dip down towards the front axle, so it has a point it flows toward.
I think this is the best looking option to go with the top tube. I Have some tubes cut and curved, ready to weld on.

One question. By pushing the bottom bracket forward from a position that was originally more under the seat tube, when riding it, did you notice any significant lack of torque from your pedaling? Was this slant back the look you were wanting to achieve? Pretty cool modification.
I've been looking at stretching a Cycle Truck so my knees aren't into the handle bars and I was wondering which way might be the best way.

One question. By pushing the bottom bracket forward from a position that was originally more under the seat tube, when riding it, did you notice any significant lack of torque from your pedaling? Was this slant back the look you were wanting to achieve? Pretty cool modification.
I've been looking at stretching a Cycle Truck so my knees aren't into the handle bars and I was wondering which way might be the best way.
I think the "Electra Ratrod" has that same idea. I guess the frame will be a little bit less stiff, but it also depends on your riding style.

I love the bike GTHOtrod!

I did the stretch based on the electra design. This one is purely an experiment. Leg extension is much the same as 'normal' just pushing forwardish instead of down.

Latest posts

Back