Easy Rider (Class 2)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
IMG_0871.JPG
IMG_0887.JPG
I may not finish this before time but I figure this would be a good place for the build. I have so many ideas for this bike and a lot of fab work so who knows where this will end up. Here is the beginning anyway.

What are your build plans for it from this point on out? Cuz, as been said on here before, looks done as she sits! :grin::nod:
It was a finished, riding bike but there is a lot to be done. First thing is to fab a motor mount of some kind. It is just balanced in the photo. The motor was designed to clamp to the down tube and seat tube but this bike has neither. Second thing is to flip the rear wheel around and get the gear spacing correct. Then I have to modify the rear brake caliper to work on the right hand side of the bike. I would like to make the gas tank an inch or two taller. I also want to build a dual swept up fishtail exhaust for it; either two on one side or one on each. Something like this...
IMG_0877.PNG
And then there is the question of leave it ratty or try to make it look nice.

Chopper swing bike, looks cool. But how does it handle?
It handles great going straight. Other handling isn't too bad. Turning sharp feels a little off due to the factory head tube angles. I may address this by making another top frame section for it with a more laid back head tube.

Thanks. Yes, I built the front end. I used a couple of really tall sissy bars.

Cool bike, nice forks. Would have been fun to watch you build it.

Carl.

sent from a banana phone...

Cool bike, nice forks. Would have been fun to watch you build it.

Carl.

sent from a banana phone...

The forks were done during another build off about 3 years ago. I think I called that one Hoosier daddy...I figured it had been long enough back, and I will be changing enough this time I could reuse a lot of it for this build. The bike will keep much of the shape I created last time, but will be a very different build in my mind.

This is SICK. Im a big fan of all things chopper and really diggin this. I made a different version of Captain America way back when but yours blows it away. Another forum member painted the tank for me. I think it was 2009 maybe, i will try to find pics of it. It was called Captain America.

View attachment 36647 View attachment 36648 I may not finish this before time but I figure this would be a good place for the build. I have so many ideas for this bike and a lot of fab work so who knows where this will end up. Here is the beginning anyway.

This build is so right up my alley and definitely my favorite of this build off. I really like the front end. I have wondered what an extended springer front end would look like and you really nailed it with this. You got my creative juices flowing and I might just attempt to fabricate my own front end on a future build. Looking forward to seeing the finished build here. Good Luck, you already have my vote

IMG_0895.JPG
IMG_0894.JPG
This is SICK. Im a big fan of all things chopper and really diggin this. I made a different version of Captain America way back when but yours blows it away. Another forum member painted the tank for me. I think it was 2009 maybe, i will try to find pics of it. It was called Captain America.
Thanks. You just made my day. I will have to look for your build later.

I didn't get much done last night. I dropped the tank last night while test fitting it in different positions. It got three dents in it. The metal is very thin. I am not sure modifying the tank will be an option with the welder I have.
I am still brainstorming a lot of this build and I made some good progress inside my head. I can't wait for Saturday to get some of it going. Here is the beginning of my motor mount solution.

I hope so China girls are not known for their raw torque specs.... Would make for a memorable line launch technique.... Running side saddle starts...
I am not sure yet if it will have pedals or not. As far as torque goes this is a 20" rear wheel as opposed to a 26" so torque should be slightly improved. I have a redneck engineered kickstart in my head. Now I just have to make it happen. It is still a few steps away though. Next step is finish the motor mounts then do some chain alignment and figure out how to attach the rear sprocket.

It'll defiantly need a rolling start... Like totally not advisable but he centrifugal clutches can be stopped by hand on those things an held till get rather high in RPMs... I'd say if peddless go Briggs can build a screamer for dirt cheap and will look era correct still. China girl dose look cool but will Ned at least hamster cranks to get off the line.
Honda clone 80 or 110 would be an awsome rig also..... Not mutch more than a China girl serviceable and same amount of fab mount it up:thumbsup:

IMG_0900.JPG
IMG_0899.JPG
IMG_0901.JPG
IMG_0902.JPG
IMG_0903.JPG
IMG_0904.JPG
IMG_0905.JPG
image.jpg
I apologize if the pics are sideways. I am using my phone to do this.

Today's progress. I am getting More and more excited as it is starting to take shape.

The grips were about 1 inch wider than the old Schwinn grips. They were also a terrible fit. The throttle side fit okay but the other side looked like it was meant to fit a half inch bar. I had to relieve the inside significantly to get it to even budge. I cut the grips up and the throttle to narrow them. I like narrow bars but it still ended up being about 1 inch wider overall. I moved my front brake to the right side.

I would say this motor mount is about half way done.

I pushed it around the driveway and everything feels pretty good.

It'll defiantly need a rolling start... Like totally not advisable but he centrifugal clutches can be stopped by hand on those things an held till get rather high in RPMs... I'd say if peddless go Briggs can build a screamer for dirt cheap and will look era correct still. China girl dose look cool but will Ned at least hamster cranks to get off the line.
Honda clone 80 or 110 would be an awsome rig also..... Not mutch more than a China girl serviceable and same amount of fab mount it up:thumbsup:
I am not looking for a ton of power on this but I will keep the Honda clone in mind if this doesn't do what I need. Thanks.

Latest posts

Back