Easy Rider

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Easy Rider - New pics 11/02

I painted this tank in 1971, used it on my harley and kept it when I sold it. My wife wanted it in the living room and that's where it sets today.
capt.jpg

Her sister (the decorator) said you need some color in this room

I cant wait 8) Some other bike projects I have had to be postponed indefinitely by order of the boss so this ones gonna be it for a while.

I bought a West Coast Chopper for $80.00 to get the front end and tank off for this bike. After mounting the OCC front end on it, I was able to sell it today for $60.00. So it only cost me $20.00 to upgrade to this front end plus have an extra tank. Score

ok this is the behind the scenes

first i cleaned it up and removed the dirt and oils
tank1.jpg

then after a light scuffing i applied the primer with many light coats
tank2.jpg

then after that dried i applied the white base coat and left that to cure overnight
tank3.jpg

the first masking for the blue part
tank4.jpg

tank5.jpg

the blue goes on
tank6.jpg

(the painting light was really bright so the colors look a litte different in the picture)

after the blue was set up after a few days, i remasked it and laid out the red stripes
tank7.jpg

a few days after that i put on the outlines, and applied the metalflake and clear coats for the finishing touches
let it sit out for 2 days to make sure it was set up enough to ship and then sent it home

now the mystery of the missing tank is revealed haha

Latest posts

Back