EATON ROADKING YOUTH CRUISER

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going to pick up this Eaton Roadking youth cruiser tonight, the pictures are from the listing. It appears to be in pretty complete and good condition. I am not having much luck figuring out who might have produced this bike for Eaton.

I am thinking about giving it to both of my daughters for Christmas as a family project to clean it up and teach them about classic bikes a lil more.

Eaton Roadking.jpg

Eaton Roadking # 2.jpg

Sweet little convertible, that green is really nice. Looks amazingly original! Christmas bike was my first thought when I saw the listing pic you shared.
Eaton was a Canadian department store, had bikes made by various suppliers, from Raleigh to CCM, I've heard rumors about eastern European countries as well. Info is tough to find.
nlc003959-760.jpg

I think that's the '75 catalog, yours looks older, but I'm just guessing

Thanks for the info guys, Ive been eyeing this bike up for a long time. Its been forsale for like a year and I finally was able to work out a deal with the lady. Got it for 80 dollars, her dog bit me when I picked it up but it was worth it lol!

I am going to pick up this Eaton Roadking youth cruiser tonight, the pictures are from the listing. It appears to be in pretty complete and good condition. I am not having much luck figuring out who might have produced this bike for Eaton.

I am thinking about giving it to both of my daughters for Christmas as a family project to clean it up and teach them about classic bikes a lil more.

View attachment 181347
View attachment 181348
Hi,
The bike was made in Hungary by the largest Bicycle manufacture called Csepel.

There were several variants of this model, made mostly for western export markets.

Known Canadian export types are: Eaton and Deelite. Serial number could be found in rear dropout. The first letter refers to frame type wich is probably an H (means doubble bent tube) and the second is the construction year.
It’s a really nice bike, congrats.

Attachments

• IMG_2687.jpeg
    IMG_2687.jpeg
    944.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2688.jpeg
    IMG_2688.jpeg
    666 KB · Views: 0

View attachment 181347
View attachment 181348
Some variants Basel on the frame type:

Attachments

• IMG_2711.png
    IMG_2711.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2710.jpeg
    IMG_2710.jpeg
    851.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2709.jpeg
    IMG_2709.jpeg
    45.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2708.jpeg
    IMG_2708.jpeg
    448 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2707.jpeg
    IMG_2707.jpeg
    225.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2706.jpeg
    IMG_2706.jpeg
    382.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2705.jpeg
    IMG_2705.jpeg
    183.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2697.jpeg
    IMG_2697.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2440.jpeg
    IMG_2440.jpeg
    215.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2267.jpeg
    IMG_2267.jpeg
    361.5 KB · Views: 0
Some variants Basel on the frame type:
Some of those are stirring memories, especially the convertible top bar. Are they 20" wheels? My first bike was very similar to that, I wonder if I had one of the Canadian versions.

Last edited:
Some of those are stirring memories, especially the convertible top bar. Are they 20" wheels? My first bike was very similar to that, I wonder if I had one of the Canadian versions.
You probably did and I'm pretty sure there Raleigh built

Latest posts

Back