Edgelord

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! Those Schwalbe tires are FAT on there! And a 1 X conversion...which cassette / der combo are you running in the back?

And, did you see what I'm building in the Other Builds....?
I couldn't squeeze any more tire in the rear triangle if I tried. 26x2.35.the rear cluster is an 11-42T with a Microsoft Advent 9 speed clutched derailleur. I don't know if you remember, but a couple of buildoffs back, I built a 27.5er '62 Typhoon singlespeed rig.

Ah, brave decision sire, nothing to catch the transverse cable on the front brake if the main cable fails ;)
1. If the transverse cable falls enough to touch tire, it will pull loose from the arms. It's only held in place by tension at both ends.
2. My racing days are long over. This bike is for low speed trail cruising and sightseeing.

I don't know if you remember, but a couple of buildoffs back, I built a 27.5er '62 Typhoon singlespeed rig.
tenor (6).gif

Well, I've tried it twice, and it's looking like absolute carp 🎏.

I have come up with an alternate plan that I will attempt tomorrow.

Since I seem to be unable to make this vinyl conform to the concave curvature without seaming it, I have decided to make two small pads, and attach them to the seat pan.
I cut them out of aluminum, and stripped all of the adhesive back down off the seat pan so I can repaint it. Need to drill, add carriage bolts, and then try to upholster the individual pads.

Attachments

• IMG_20210904_103416.jpg
    IMG_20210904_103416.jpg
    326.5 KB · Views: 30
SEXY GLITTER!!!!
Good solution for the seat issue.

Latest posts

Back