Edgelord

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did some more to Edgelord, but my mobile Tapatalk app doesn't seem to like this board anymore. It keeps throwing an error when I try to log in. Somebody needs to get their *stuff* together, and it's not me. Actually, my phone probably just has better taste than I do.

Anyway, when I can be bothered to d/l the pics from my phone to my laptop, I'll post them here so you can make fun of me and stuff.

Jerks.

Tapatalk isn't needed to post from your phone. Just use any phone browser and access the RRB site directly.

What's up, Normies?

I spent the weekend polishing/lacing wheels and making an aluminum link/strut to replace the shock that AV Customs designed to go in the middle of this Raptor frame.

Specs: Front tire 27.5 x 2.5, Rear Tire 26 x 4.25
Sturmey Archer drum hubs. The rear is a five speed.

The microchips in my vaccine have increased my average 5G reception by a good bar and-a-half.

Yours falsely,

Dirty Dave

I was wondering when you were gonna post up your work. I need a polishing stand for my grinder.
Wheels look wicked and you are nailing the stance with this one!

I was wondering when you were gonna post up your work. I need a polishing stand for my grinder.
Wheels look wicked and you are nailing the stance with this one!
Thanks. I like to think that stance is one thing that I know pretty well. Next step should probably be finalizing my seat mounting scheme.

What's up, Normies?

I spent the weekend polishing/lacing wheels and making an aluminum link/strut to replace the shock that AV Customs designed to go in the middle of this Raptor frame.

Specs: Front tire 27.5 x 2.5, Rear Tire 26 x 4.25
Sturmey Archer drum hubs. The rear is a five speed.

The microchips in my vaccine have increased my average 5G reception by a good bar and-a-half.

Yours falsely,

Dirty Dave

Does the aluminum link make it a hardtail? Without "Shock" absorption? I am shocked :grin:
Maybe you can bag it? Or build a "square shock absorber".

This is the first thread that I read for the comments, but the build is nice too.

But seriously: Awesome stuff! Can't wait for more!

Does the aluminum link make it a hardtail? Without "Shock" absorption? I am shocked :grin:
Maybe you can bag it? Or build a "square shock absorber".

This is the first thread that I read for the comments, but the build is nice too.

But seriously: Awesome stuff! Can't wait for more!

Yep. Just like Arlen Ness did when he built ironhead diggers, I am replacing the suspension with a solid strut to make it a sort of "hardtail". Suspension is for baggers and off-roadies with flat-brimmed ball caps.

Updates coming soon.

I bought a Vans cap a while ago. The darned brim won't take a bend, I've been trying for a couple of years. Apparently, I need to look into rear suspension, but involuntarily? Seriously, I've never even tried it!

I bought a Vans cap a while ago. The darned brim won't take a bend, I've been trying for a couple of years.
For stubborn bills...soup can & rubber bands...
soupcan.jpg

...and throw it in a bucket of water til saturated, then let air dry...

...or, spray starch while soup can'd...(combine with above if particularly stubborn)...
resize_1.jpg

Dave, just WOW! This is so cool, like a Herb Alpert inspired '60s cool jazz tune; cool.

You do need to add some flares to those cross'legged jeans though, or full on bell bottoms. Then you'd really be 'edgy'; and cool.

I shot another little video before I ground out the rivets, and welded the seat clamp further back, closer to where my butt will be. This moved the seat forward a bit, allowing me to adjust the ride/seat height a little lower. It looks like the seat height will be right around 30", or the same height as the rear tire.

What does your pedal clearance look like, DG?

My desire for total bicycle domination doesn't just involve black rubber and vinyl. I also need some electricity to liven things up a bit.
The original plan was going to locate the lithium battery pack under the seat pan, but dropping it down over the tire looks so good that I'm going to have to find a new space to jam it into.
I also flipped the bars, moving them forward for knee clearance. Shorter crank arms wouldn't hurt, either.
IMG_20210619_142351_796.jpg

I would say that the most logical spot is behind the vertical (middle) part of the frame.
You might think so, and the area down in the rear swingarm right behind the bottom bracket is definitely large enough to accommodate the package. That said, I am pretty sure that I will stash it in the fork area, in front of the head tube, and between the upper and lower triple trees. I'll cover it with an aluminum or stainless sheet metal shroud, and mount the twin headlights off the front of that. It will allow me to have the switches close to the power and the headlights, and then the only wires to run through the frame will be out to the taillights.

You might think so, and the area down in the rear swingarm right behind the bottom bracket is definitely large enough to accommodate the package. That said, I am pretty sure that I will stash it in the fork area, in front of the head tube, and between the upper and lower triple trees. I'll cover it with an aluminum or stainless sheet metal shroud, and mount the twin headlights off the front of that. It will allow me to have the switches close to the power and the headlights, and then the only wires to run through the frame will be out to the taillights.

I like that idea alot! One of the things that I hate with so many ebikes is people not taking the time to find creative and stylistic ways to hides the goods.

I run one of my bikes with a dynamo at the front and another at the rear to save having that front to rear wire, which always seems to become visible somewhere. So a smaller power supply fore and aft, running whatever you want?

Latest posts

Back