Edgelord

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I run one of my bikes with a dynamo at the front and another at the rear to save having that front to rear wire, which always seems to become visible somewhere. So a smaller power supply fore and aft, running whatever you want?
I have to drill some holes in the frame anyway to attach the brake/shift cables, so one more hole to run a couple wires out under the seat should be fine. But in a different situation, that would be a good solution.

Doesn’t look like a factory manufactured frame, more like a custom frame.

Factory made by AV. They have been around for years, just like Ruff and Basman and TSP and Pimp Garage and Kahaki and Dyno and Kustom Kruisers and Electra and Felt and Micargi and Nirve and 3G and PHAT and ...........................

Last edited:
Doesn’t look like a factory manufactured frame, more like a custom frame.
Yep. Isn't it great? While not available as a complete bike AFAIK, lots of these frames have been produced in Poland and built up all over the world. Search "AV Customs Raptor" to see lots of them. None as cool as mine, though! 😉

I want to wish a happy "Independence" Day to all of my fellow land-stealing American watchers. No judgement here - I am as guilty as most of you slobs, if not moreso.
Enough with the bully-baiting. I madea tiny bit of progress on Edgelord. Checked out the fit on a Lowbrow Customs chopper fender that I had laying around, and looked into a possible location for a Chris Craft boat throttle-turned- jockey shift.
IMG_20210703_135743.jpg
IMG_20210703_153303_299.jpg
IMG_20210703_153303_369.jpg
IMG_20210703_153303_354.jpg

I quite like the result so far, but I wish the frame was a bit longer.
My knees do too, a little bit, but I also like the muscle bike compact proportions.
Every thing you change or add makes it look more cartoon than real bike...loving it! :rockout:
It's all about making it look both wrong and right at the same time. 😉

I'm torn. I liked the look of the fender on there, but it also made the frame look somewhat normal. That was part of why I haven't used fenders on either of my Twinbar frames. Visually it adds mass as if a curved seattube is there, and disguises the fact that your two pointy frame sections aren't connected with anything close to a normal frame design. The fender kinda kills some of that mystery.

I saw one of these frames for sale locally the other day. Out of my price range, though, and so too far from my kind of bike.

I made a bracket to secure the front brake arm today, and with it welded securely to the fork leg, I was able to ride Edgelord to the marina for some pics.
I saw one of these frames for sale locally the other day. Out of my price range, though, and so too far from my kind of bike.
Thanks for those little tidbits. Always nice when someone speaks up to tell you they're disinterested.

IMG_20210801_111734.jpgIMG_20210801_111741.jpgIMG_20210801_115757.jpgIMG_20210801_115808.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20210801_142853.jpg
    IMG_20210801_142853.jpg
    396.8 KB · Views: 46
So cool to see this is a rider now!

Latest posts

Back