Edgelord

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, no. I was just using it as an excuse to channel the "Edgelord" persona that I have been using for posts about this build.
133.jpg

Much better brother!! You only had a thumbnail ride pic before. Now with the full size ones we can really see this busting out like Kool Aid!!!! Love this killer build!!!

giphy.gif

Time for the flash to start. Looking forward to seeing your finish work!

I shot clear on it on Sunday, and haven't even looked at it since. I wanted to give the urethane a few days to harden up (like my edgy heart).

Hey @OddJob , I picked up a CR-7 F&F recently. Going to give it a 1x9 drivetrain and run tubeless, I think.
Dave, that is really cool! You know, mine has the 2.2 Fattrax tires on the 26" hoops, and there is quite a bit b of room left in the stays and the fork legs. I've actually been contemplating doing a vintage mtb with 27.5 rim and tire combo. If you are intrigued at all, and have access to try a fit I'm curious how it might work out.

Please keep me posted on your CR7 journey!

Dave, that is really cool! You know, mine has the 2.2 Fattrax tires on the 26" hoops, and there is quite a bit b of room left in the stays and the fork legs. I've actually been contemplating doing a vintage mtb with 27.5 rim and tire combo. If you are intrigued at all, and have access to try a fit I'm curious how it might work out.

Please keep me posted on your CR7 journey!
I put Edgelord's 650B front wheel in place, but the 2.35 tire isn't going to work. I think gravel tires under 50mm would fit, but no mud clearance. For now, I plan to run 26x2.35.

Attachments

• IMG_20210813_115641.jpg
    IMG_20210813_115641.jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 34
I put Edgelord's 650B front wheel in place, but the 2.35 tire isn't going to work. I think gravel tires under 50mm would fit, but no mud clearance. For now, I plan to run 26x2.35.
If I remember right, you live in So Cal. You're worried about 'mud clearance' ? :bigsmile:

50 mm would the equivalent of 2.0 width. I think you might be surprised, remember, the rim width will affect the 'shape' of the tire profile.

About 10 yrs ago, when 27.5 / 650b mtb wheels and tires came of age, I put a set on a customer's Trek Fuel full suspension 26er. They fit , and I think we had a 2.1 - 2.2 tire on those. And, if you go tubeless, which in my mind is the only way to go these days, you can adjust the pressure and run them lower, taking up less space. There wasn't a lot of clearance, but they worked. Of course, the geometry was affected a little by the larger circumference on the wheels, but an hour later, he had already adapted and really loved the set up.

There are a lot of good tire options in 650b for sub 2.3 sizes. I've actually been looking and stepping back my 2.35 tires on the monster truck for something lighter and smoother rolling

Latest posts

Back