Edwards and Crist Cadillac

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked this up at the along with the 1953 Super cruiser I posted earlier. The frame has features that identify it as being built by Excelsior of Michigan City Indiana such as the forged fork crown, welded truss bars, and the truss bar joints on the frame. Edwards and Crist was a bicycle and motorcycle dealer that had outlets in Chicago and Philadephia. They sold bicycles built to their own specifications. I have a 1920s catalog from the company that lists the Cadillac as their second from top tier.

My bike has some cool accessories that were added way back in the day. Stewart Warner Cadet speedometer, metal and wood seat brace, California handlebars with bolt on cross brace, deco stem, Hunt Wilde grips, and a Wingo axle medallion.

Plans are for a light clean up, replace the wood clad rims with modern clinchers using the original hubs (small arm New Departure model D), service all bearings, and return it into being a rider. I'm going to use a Schwinn crank and sweetheart sprocket until I can locate a correct one. The seat pan will be re-upholstered. I'm repairing the speedometer with a new lens, face, and needle. The left truss rod is broke and I'm repairing it. Should be a fun bike, teardown and rebuild are already started.

20210108_210904 (1).jpg
20210108_205324.jpg
20210108_205501.jpg
20210108_205556.jpg
20210108_205408.jpg
20210108_205608.jpg

I'm diggin' the front reflectors and wondering if I could replicate/ hack something together that would approximate them...

Carl.

I'm diggin' the front reflectors and wondering if I could replicate/ hack something together that would approximate them...

Carl.
If you want to copy one hit me up with a PM and I'll loan it to you while I'm working on my build. They are still available new, check Ebay for Magna Wingo

Latest posts

Back