Eh there everyone I'm just another over-aged kid from Canaduh!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm Jake from Calgary Alberta.. In the past I was paid quite generously to fabricate/fit/weld some pretty intricate and usually very large stuff for the oil and gas sector...I've loved hot rods, rat rods, custom motorcycles and vintage drag racing ever since I was about the same height as the front wheel/tire of one of Don Garlits front engine dragsters that I I was hopelessly drawn towards at the Milan(Michigan) Dragway in the late 80's....

Back to bicycles now... I was never the kid with the most expensive bike on the block growing up however I was the kid with the cleanest bike and every free/cheap modification my dad could teach me(green/teal CCM excel is the first 2 wheeler I can remember) and quickly had acquired a reputation to live up to.. I rarely left the garage without a fresh armor all job on my tires and everything else got a quick wipe down with glass cleaner and a quick wax if needed.

Right now(after alot of thrown out designs and head scratching) I'm at the start of the fabricating phase of what my idea of a tandem bike should look like and behave..
Anyways sorry if I started rambling or getting off topic at all here I know this was just supposed to be a quick intro. I'm very happy I somehow found my way to this site/forum and even more excited to join the community.. From what I've read so far there is some serious knowledge here and a great variety of age groups from youngsters to seniors and everything in between!
CHEERS!!!
Jake from way up north....

Welcome to the fray. Bicycle building is an inexpensive way to get your rat rod juices flowing. Weld on brother.

Latest posts

Back