El Chango Laton [Es Finito! 7/19]

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great work marrying the levers with the bars! I like how you used the threaded sections to give it some texture.
Love the graphic work too!

The OD on these old motorcycle reverse brake levers is 22.2 mm (7/8"), the same as the handlebars. In order to mate the two, I needed to make some kind of sleeves. The best source that I could think of that had a 22.2mm ID was a 1" road fork, so I hacked off the upper section of the steerer from an old Taiwanese unit, cut it in half and...
2015-07-03%2011.25.28_zpsrwhqdd05.png

...it looks like it's going to work.
Slick job on the bar "inserts"...!

Bike is coming along very well.
The fenders are common on french bikes,they have a great eye for detail when it comes to velo parts.

No brakes, shifting or chain hooked up yet, and the rear fender has yet to be attached, but it's almost a rider.

A little piece of bronzed filigree replaced the headbadge.

Don't ask what the F stands for.

Although I made the executive decision to use the rack up front, I still haven't made up my mind on which headlight to use.

Man that is sexy to look at!!!!!

The more I look at that beehive headlight, them more that I think it belongs on a different build. I'm going to try to come up with something else this weekend.

Good call. That light is super cool, but I think the scale of it is just a little big for everything else you have up front.
I am sure you'll find something. It looks great as it sits.
How about something mounted on the side of the rack lower near the axle?

How about something mounted on the side of the rack lower near the axle?
I've considered it. I'd like to see if I can convert some old brass lamp parts using flashlight guts, but don't know if I'll have time.

Alternately, the headlight that I had on the front of Surf-A-Sonic may find its way to the leading edge of the rack, hovering above the tip of the front fender.

Congrats!

Latest posts

Back