El Chiggins

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Let's try this again...
Baremetal Bomber build thread HERE < go ahead click it.
A1.jpg
A2.jpg
A3.jpg
A4.jpg

What I started with...
147697b4b8f4ca927ce2970d351251d7.jpg

41 Elgin ladies frame and a 53 JC Higgins with a little chop cut and weld. I'm happy with how it came out. Both frames were badly broken but now they've got a second life as a rat.

Carl.

That seat-post really ties the frame together.
@SSG

That chainring and chainguard really turned out great. Also the rack matches... Actually I will just shut up and keep staring at it. @toro1978

Thanks guys I appreciate the good vibes, The rack was originally on the Elgin as were the skirt guards and peaked fender.

Carl.

I really like the way you married these two frames together.
Killer build man and as usual entertaining to watch unfold!
Very Well Done!

You probably already know this, but Don't forget that when the Voting thread is created we will use the first pic from your Finished thread. I'm not suggesting anything is wrong with the current pic, just making sure everyone knows.

That bike turned out sweet!
Thanks! I really didn't stress enough that the two frames I cut were both trashed and what I ended up with is a really good cruiser. I'm a little long legged with old knees and a bad back. So a relaxed position with the seat back just a bit further really makes long rides easier and I'm still tinkering with it. I like my bikes to be quick so that was the impetus to go to the big front sprocket. I've yet to decide whether to rust it or to clear coat it.

Carl.

Latest posts

Back