"El Dinero" [Build on Failure ~ Johnny Cash] ++Short Video++

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
"You build on failure. You use it as a stepping stone. Close the door on the past. You don't try to forget the mistakes, but you don't dwell on it. You don't let it have any of your energy, or any of your time, or any of your space. ~ Cash

Ingredients:
17337511875_b5f77e1e61.jpg

Inspiration: (Cash~Weesner~Bobber-Choppers)
johnnycashmugshot.jpg

(Had hand slapped for posting a pic called "Panhead Bobber" by a favorite artist Keith Weesner, apologies and if you aren't familiar with his custom car & culture paintings you owe it to yourself to check him out...thanks Mod......keep me straight.)
17151256699_a72e351470.jpg

Regardless of place, already a winner...

Last edited:
"You build on failure. You use it as a stepping stone. Close the door on the past. You don't try to forget the mistakes, but you don't dwell on it. You don't let it have any of your energy, or any of your time, or any of your space. ~ Cash

Ingredients:
17337511875_b5f77e1e61.jpg

Inspiration: (Cash~Weesner~Bobber-Choppers)
johnnycashmugshot.jpg

17151256699_a72e351470.jpg

Regardless of place, already a winner...
Can't wait to see this one

Many thanks but I have no delusions, it's a pile of dung.....I'm a peasant among royalty along for the ride. Honored to be here in such creative company.
Same here... Those parts are are what I work with... Dung is useful,you can fling it at someone you dont like.;) Who flung dung?
Or put it in your garden and wait for something to grow...

Quoting Johnny Cash has my attention.

Sweet!! I didn't know you were in this year. I'm taking it since you're using the man in black as you inspiration, the bike will be black?
What said was true, my hot rods gotta get roll'n before I begin this fun, but I couldn't let you have all of it!
As for black, too early to tell but JC, as you know is one of my favs.....a genuine American article made great by his rough and less than perfect conformity. Marry that with Weezners "panhead bobber" piece running around in my head and let's see what spawn is berthed by summers end.

Any progress?

Mostly mental progress Funkme...apologies for the delayed response. Family and job have sidelined me for awhile but I've been pick'n up scrap metal and parts here and there so it'll be coming together in the next month if all goes well.

I'm in the middle of engineering a double springer from my pile-o-junk I.
19253635365_9b59582cf3_z.jpg

18633116383_4da19f52ee_z.jpg
19066065700_74435757df_z.jpg

The upper bracket is only a piece of scrap to hold the unit together while I work my plan, I'll be cutting another piece of scrap plate like the bottom bracket.

Interesting fork build ! I see part of your pile of parts is an "FS Elite" I used one of these for the basis of my Winter build off bike, "Slightly dangerous"
WBO2015Bomber001_zps5c438843.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back