Electra Bicycle Pics

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2007 3 Speed Electra Deluxe.

Picked this up a few days ago. Heavy cruiser with a sweet ride. Never seen one with this color scheme.

a0f4b22ca9bee3c6ce98235a0fffe5d7.jpg

5a38442bcda6fdd15668b75c85d6bebe.jpg
8a58e751de91bbf038c61d9b3637dd33.jpg

1bf0ad8b08f2a48792011452270d5c32.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A Buddy laced up and trued the Fink's rear wheel for me on Saturday, the hoop was previously used on a Ghostrider the belongs to a friend in CA. I bought a Shimano/Nexus 3i hub on eBay and new spokes from Amazon so I've got about $60 in that wheel. After work today I'll mount the tire. I need to take the frame to my LBS so they can pull the cranks off since the tool I have won't work, and they can replace it with the chainwheel and cranks I want to use. Hopefully I can get that done today and buy my LAST part, some new apehanger bars.

Last edited:
I love that bike and the colour...its a super deluxe huh?...did it not have fenders?
Great looking color....I've seen one of these recently on Orange County CA Craigslist with fenders and rack and I wanna say he wants like $450 which I think is nuts....

I love that bike and the colour...its a super deluxe huh?...did it not have fenders?
Super Deluxe is aluminium, this is regular Deluxe made of steel. Super Deluxe was made in navy blue and caramel brown colors, also there exist one green bike that was a test of that color that in the end was never mass produced but got into someones hands. They also made one ladies version in that green by the way. Regular Deluxe was made in red and gray colors, also there were Deluxe Relic version in wine red with matte finishing. All of the bikes above originally were sold with fenders.

90CC1686-3FFF-4C05-AC56-FC5A0103405A.jpeg
All mocked up just missing the front wheel and a coaster brake strap. If you haven’t tried semi polish for chrome and aluminum, buy some! The forks, crank arms and hoops look like mirrors now! Just realized the pic I sent with my phone is super blurry, haha....Oh well I guess that makes it a better teaser shot right?

Last edited:
The spokes that I waited on FOREVER from Amazon (China) came on Saturday and I was so stoked....but only 18 came. More waiting....the bright side is, this bike should debut about the time the Betty's wheels are back from powdercoat. It'll be a wheel lacing party I guess! A couple months back I got a Hellbetty tandem rear fender, brand new, and put it on the Betty. I'm using what used to be a Ghostrider front wheel as the new back wheel (24x3 rear, 26 front) and powdercoating both hoops a little bit brighter gold which is what my daughter wanted. Gonna be a cool pair of bikes I think! Just sucks having bikes awaiting parts sitting around upside down for lack of wheels....

Just got a nice older Townie on New Year's Day. Been doing a little tweaking here and there on it. More changes to come.
One thing I found out, Electra Flat Foot Technology doesn't work for me! Once I got the seat adjusted so my legs stretch out right when I pedal, I have to stand on tip-toe to get both feet on the ground with my butt in the saddle! But it rides so nice though. :happy:
IMG_20190113_154306(1).jpg

Last edited:
p-kingpin-woody-harrelson.jpg

Just picked up the Betty wheels from powdercoat, much more Roy Munson bowling ball gold than the subtle bronze gold they were. There was no way I was gonna get the "new" wheel to match the factory color so I went for broke and had them both done with some added flake. Hoping to have everything put back together this weekend!

Last edited:
Just got a nice older Townie on New Year's Day. Been doing a little tweaking here and there on it. More changes to come.
One thing I found out, Electra Flat Foot Technology doesn't work for me! Once I got the seat adjusted so my legs stretch out right when I pedal, I have to stand on tip-toe to get both feet on the ground with my butt in the saddle! But it rides so nice though. :happy:
View attachment 88171
Nice I need to get my workhorse Townie tuned up!

View attachment 88171
If you can't put both feet on the ground, then your seat isn't at the right height. Your legs shouldn't be fully extended. I made the same mistake.Try adjusting the seat to where it allows you to put your feet down flat. Once I did that, the ride is even more amazing.

View attachment 88171
Same here, i need my cranks even more forward, like on Ghostrider or Rat Fink.

Man, how tall are you guys? I'm 6' 1" and am comfortable on the Townie, Ghostrider and Rat Fink.
Not tall enough in my case. I'm about 5' 7" with about a 28-29" inseam. Not sure if I can put my feet flat on the ground with the seat slammed, but I'll give it a shot. :)

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Man, how tall are you guys? I'm 6' 1" and am comfortable on the Townie, Ghostrider and Rat Fink.
I am about 6' 5". Ghostrider is literally the only factory produced bike i know that is good for my size without modification. RF is slightly shorter and i can already feel that. Any other cruiser always requires extended seat post installation and very long handlebars.

FINALLY! Stick a fork in this one. The Red Betty update should be done this weekend, should be a perfect counterpart to my loudest/brightest bike! After taking this I threw a new Rat Fink bell on (I'm still waiting for my custom bell) and raised the seat an inch or so, then took it for a chilly night ride. Glad to have a Fink again.
IMG_E5543.JPG

Looks so neat, man! I love it :) Are you looking to put Fink grips/seat on it? I actually think this seat looks quite clean on your bike, but fink grips might add to it.
Thank you! The plan all along was to just do a plain black seat and grips, basically building a green Ghostrider. I NEVER liked the orange trim on the Finks. The seat is just a new Electra XL saddle that had a white logo on the back that I was able to remove with a little acetone.

Latest posts

Back