Elgin and Goodyear

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently picked up these two bikes at an estate sale. They have been buried in a garage for several years.
I was hoping someone could please help identifying the year on these bikes.

The Elgin appears to have a serial number S2137 and the Womans Goodyear Double Eagle has a serial number M235027. The Goodyear also has a 1951 City of Allen Park (MI) bicycle license attached to the rear fender.

Tires were badly rotted, but they held air and I took the bike for a very short ride. Pieces of the tire was falling off as I rode.

The Goodyear Double Eagle.....also had tires that held air.

Goodyear has a plate tag from 1951... @deorman where you assume 60??! .. I like getting resourceful help here...baseless guesses are not.
Thanks! The link he provided makes me believe the Goodyear is a 1948, and that would fit the plate tag issue.
I would like to get a year on the Elgin, I hope someone can assist.

Based on the luver stamping I'd say your way closer... Being there are multi tags I'd first guess it was 51as doesn't look like it removed others...
Really cool scores... The Elgin looks about as perfect a patina as u can get!!

If interested in selling either please keep me in mind... The Elgin is a no brainer YES PLEASE, and I must say, as a man I'm very comfortable saying I like the ladies!!! Would love that Goodyear hanging in my window at the studio.... Be an eye full for the locals very unsure of the strange white boy with weird stuff in that weird shop that's not open to the public...
:crazy2::crazy2::crazy2:

If interested in selling either please keep me in mind... The Elgin is a no brainer YES PLEASE, and I must say, as a man I'm very comfortable saying I like the ladies!!! Would love that Goodyear hanging in my window at the studio.... Be an eye full for the locals very unsure of the strange white boy with weird stuff in that weird shop that's not open to the public...
:crazy2::crazy2::crazy2:
Currently not selling but will keep you in mind.

Goodyear has a plate tag from 1951... @deorman where you assume 60??! .. I like getting resourceful help here...baseless guesses are not.

From Mr. Columbia cited above:
1960.……H5000 - H259120

Didn't see the date on the plate, but 1960 is the only year showing H prefix. I see now that the prefix is actually an M. This sort of thing is why I said probably.

Latest posts

Back