>>>Eliminator 20" Muscle: Final finished picture here, p. 62

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: >>>Eliminator 20" Muscle Bike: Windshield pg 47 me pg 49

Looks like a bunny caught in the headlights!

draft_lens17294311module145839711photo_1294588651startled_Rabbit.jpg

Re: >>>Eliminator 20" Muscle Bike: Windshield p 47 new pics p 48

Peatbog said:
Okay, here I am saying to my daughter (just as she took the picture), "Are you gonna snap the picture sometime today?" And then she got silly, things sent downhill quickly, and this ended up being the only useable picture. Anyway, this is why if I make a video, I'll have a kid ride the bike--the kid won't look as silly on it. I have three kid's. They need bikes (okay, they have bikes, but I think they need more). This is one of those bikes. But actually, between the time I obtained the bike and when I took it apart to start this build, I rode it around quite a bit with my youngest daughter. I've been riding it around as I build it also, and though it doesn't look like it fits at all, it really is quite comfortable.

53me3.jpg

This is one of my normal rides that fits me much better:

greenbike.jpg

Love it....I took my 68 Stingray Deluxe out for a ride the other day. I had a blast on it. It is a great bike for wheelies!

Peatbog said:
Terry66 said:
Love it....I took my 68 Stingray Deluxe out for a ride the other day. I had a blast on it. It is a great bike for wheelies!

I have a '67. The original tires are cracked bad though, so I don't ride it hard or very often. I really like the bend on the bars on this one. I wish someone remade those. I have a beat up Stingray also--don't know the year--that I plan to revive. When I think about, I think I have too many bikes to deal with.

Schwinn.jpg

That is a nice 67! I love the color. I have a green '68 three speed. Same deal on the tires. Mine has the whitewall slick on the back. I bought mine at Ann Arbor from the original owner. It looks just like the day he brought it out of his basement. I still need to clean it up. I found a super nice seat for mine. It should make for a nice bike when I'm done. Too many projects, too little time.

Your kids are gonna love the build off bike when you're done. I am working on a 1971 12" Schwinn Lil Tiger for my grandson.

yoothgeye said:
What's that in your hand?

Peatbog said:

I see that you went wabbit hunting.

Re: >>>Eliminator 20" Muscle Bike: Drag Chute Testing pg 49

Additional knowldeged gained: You have two very cool kids to cooperate and play silly bunny paratrooper games.

"An army of bunnies to jump into springtime fun"

Bunny+Paratroopers+1--50.jpg

That chute looks to be just the right size for Eliminator.

Re: >>>Eliminator 20" Muscle Bike: Drag chute plan, page 50

Back in my "G.I.JESSE JAMES" days when I was buying up all that military surplus stuff I bought a parachute, maybe I should put it on the back of my bike... of course mine is big enough to cover the church van. :oops:

It's very cool though!

For mine to open up you need about 5 teenagers running full steam, and parts of it still drag the ground, but I learned that with me on one side and a small 8th grade girl on the other and one of our big valley wind gusts whip in, she almosts gets dragged across the parking lot.

I am going to restring it with some paracord and take it to the beach. :eek:

Peatbog said:
In the meantime, the plan for the drag chute is to open it with a shifter I plan to make. Only it won't be a shifter. It will be a chute opener lever. That is assuming I have time--one of those too-many-other-things-to-do problems at the moment. If I don't have time, then I'll switch bikes and instead of an American Muscle Bike, I'll make an Italian unicycle :mrgreen: No, wait a minute, that ain't right, I'll just do it later after this contest gig is over.

The plan: Yank shifter>pulls cable>opens chute box>chute flies out>stops bike. Ha! I'm on it.

sketchshift.jpg

Pay no attention to the smart aleck bunny. Those things are outa control.

Glad to see the master artist is back on the scene!

Is she trying to tell you something with the stickshift or are you pulling a Jake on us and throwing a geared hub in the mix at the last minute? Even your kids are finding more stuff to add to this bike!!!!

The chute box reminds me of an old lunchbox
You need to find one of these.

-2001141209415328010.jpg

I personally like the all fabric chute packs. I'm confident your engineering skills are good enough to come up with the right design, but keep some of these points in mind;
If you use a shifter style handle, it'll have plenty of pull power, but a short cable travel. So a high tension latch is in order. Since you're not going to be hittin' 300 mph, you'll need a strong eject system to get the chute away from your body. There's a turbulent wake just behind you that can suck the chute into the wheelie bar, or worse, your rear wheel. Plan accordingly.

JoKeR63 said:
I personally like the all fabric chute packs. I'm confident your engineering skills are good enough to come up with the right design, but keep some of these points in mind;
If you use a shifter style handle, it'll have plenty of pull power, but a short cable travel. So a high tension latch is in order. Since you're not going to be hittin' 300 mph, you'll need a strong eject system to get the chute away from your body. There's a turbulent wake just behind you that can suck the chute into the wheelie bar, or worse, your rear wheel. Plan accordingly.

Cool....just pull the bike with a car till you hit 50mph and then pull the lever! I'll get my video camera ready. :lol:

Jim, Please tell me you don't have the matching heels to that purse!!!! :shock: :shock:
You just never struck me as the Hannah type!!!!!
It's cute how you tried to pass it off as a "tin box" though.

raggedjim said:
Peat, you can have my Hannah Montana tin box if you think it'll work... Don't laugh, it will make a great bicycle part with the right paint. Maybe a leather handle... I don't know...

DSC00315.jpg

Rg

You seriously need to build a bike around that, CHICK BIKE BUILDOFF!

So Peat, are you think of a chute grab system? I'm not sure of your Hot Wheels analogy.

Now where was that when i was building my battery case! THat is a great find with a little paint it could be a sweat add on to any bike.

Ohh, I had that hot wheels set! I think I burned it after my mom found that the tracks were good "discipline aides". I still break into a cold sweat on the hot wheels aisle...

THREAD JACK! A company called Tin Box Company sells all kinds of tin boxes (NOT purses Kingfish, you silly!) You have to have a business to buy wholesale. I think they have a similiar one on sale now. END OF JACK!

Good luck with the chute, I love it!

Rg

Peatbog said:
Thanks raggedjim. I have to get moving though. I have a job interview next Tuesday. If I get that job, I leave the shop I run now and all my equipment will be a distant memory. So I might only have a short time to make the parts I want. Oh no...!

Good luck Peat, Rg

I'm thinking not.

Plus that looks more like something that will be in a scene from Hangover 3 along with a pair of fuzzy handcuffs :shock:

Latest posts

Back