ELLIS SPEED SHOP "DIRT BIKE" - KLUNKER COMP

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Renaissance Man said:
:?: What's the latest :?:

Riding it mainly, between the breakdowns that is ... shifting works fine but the cable housing stop im using is a screw down frame clamp, it really needs a brazed on cable stop. I can usually get by 3 or 4 days and then the clamp slides free messing up the shifting ability (goes back into granny low). I've got my dads Oxy/Ace torch but I've only used it for cutting, no brazing torch (or brazing experience) so I think I'm just going to spot weld the cable stop clamp to the frame :)

Did get the other frame stander / coaster brake mount joined, crude but works for now

IMG_0418_zpsd403c7b7.jpg

What's new in Klunkerville?

Been a man down at work last 2/3 weeks and have been swamped lately. Bike is ready to rock and roll though. Only been around town on it so far but its definitely time to get serious about this klunking thing. Expect some more pics soon 8)

really diggin this bike. I just bought a Heavy Duit frameset like this one from a member here. Cant wait to get it.

Ha, shows how much of a procrastinator I am. Never finished the thread :D

Bike rides great, I ended up taking the pad / plate off it, too much. It's sitting in my dining room right now. I broke the cable adjuster off on the front brake somehow last time I rode it. Got cold when I drug it in the house and I hadnt gotten around to it yet. The cable set up works but has its own issues... mainly it will work for a couple weeks and then it will slip and cause headaches. Picked up a red Sturmey Archer 2 speed wheel cheap at my lbs and have been thinking about swapping so I can use the Bendix on something older.

Latest posts

Back