Essential Rides for Essential Workers

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's pretty cool of Specialized. My company has deemed me "expendable", er, I mean "essential".
......, US residents only!
I wonder what bike they'll be giving?

New bikes? For free? Everyone hurry up and get in line! Don't forget masks and social distancing. I hope they come to Hawaii!

1586975148263.png

Seriously though, this is similar to WW2 when you had to get government approval to get a new bike. The concern back then was to reserve all the metal for the military. This was the form you submitted for approval:
603946_10151287648611737_108222133_n.jpg

That's pretty cool of them. I'm essential, but telecommunications is certainly not on the same level as first responders.

That's pretty cool of them. I'm essential, but telecommunications is certainly not on the same level as first responders.
May not be as stressful or dangerous, but communications are extremely important. Pretty hard to respond if there's no report.

That is true, but I'm cable internet. Certainly important to stave off people from losing their minds and allowing them to work/school from home, but not saving lives (at least not directly).

Manufacturing was considered 'essential' here in Oregon. Not making anything relevant to the china-virus, that I know of...but, I am making a paycheck :thumbsup:. I think having manufacturing as 'essential' was just a way to soften the economic hit...so, like Matti mentioned...'expendable' is probably more accurate.

No free Specialized for me :shake:.

Ayuh, I'm at Walmart warehouse, so, tangentially essential, I just count boxes, that's not essential. And we're shipping out TV's, Playstations, gazebos, BBQs, patio sets, you know, the essentials. Regardless, the program is for residents of the lower 48. Us Canucks in the upper 13 can't apply. But I'm spreading the word online, this is cool as heck.

Went to the grocery store. They made masks mandatory at work and I'd love to wear this, but it's uncomfortable, awkward, and the filters are way too expensive now.

IMG_7252.JPG

Latest posts

Back