Evans Colson sEx Change "Hombre" DONE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never would have guessed when I started looking at pics for voting, but yours is the bike that got my number 1 vote!

Very cool, the sex change, the patina, those street sweeper fenders, great final photo, it is the whole package!

Great bike, really well done!

Luke.

Just as I would have never guessed this bike would even be in the build-off, let alone people would be digging it. Thanks Luke for the kind words.

I said I was done, nope! I had Columbia Superbe tires on it originally, but the front started separating. Mounted up some Continental Retro Rides in cream. I think it's a good contrast that makes the wheels stand out and showcases the age and patina. And it rides even better!
20140828_091816.jpg
And I thought I had the perfect seat till I found
20140828_091850.jpg
this one. Long Spring Mesinger really works for this bike.
20140828_091957.jpg

20140828_091931.jpg

I didn't get a before shot of the saddle, but the leather was basically black and the stamp was almost invisible. I rubbed it down with a small amount of baby oil (no jokes here please) and since I live in the South where red clay dirt is plentiful, I introduced the two. So now, not only is the stamp visible, you can also see the aged lines and wear of the seat.

That saddle is awesome!!!
I like the crème tires. Like you mentioned the contrast is great. I bet they will look even better as they dirty up a bit.
Great build looking even better!

Latest posts

Back