Evening All, from the West Country, UK

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Evening

Thank you for accepting me into the group.

I’m a complete noob (virgin) to Rat Rods, but about 6 weeks I decided I wanted to get back into biking but really didn’t like the cheap MTB I bought about 7 years ago.

I wanted to get a few new parts and one thing was a comfy seat (to accommodate my fat behind)

So I started looking online and loads of cruiser pics came up. I followed these and then started looking at Klunkers, frankenbikes & Rat Rods....then I disappeared down the rabbit hole !

F29B1E17-DEC8-4E95-8524-B8F6CB620708.jpeg
C07DB1CC-C09C-4060-8EAB-956B7BB05A9B.jpeg
I had a garage with my old MTB and a couple of old knackered MTB that a friend donated for the kids but never got used.

My ‘budget build’ got more and more expensive as I steadily bought all the tools I didn’t have (but needed) to get the buggers broken down, and then I became obsessed!

I really love the old US frames but here in the UK they are few and far between. Any I found were too dear or had to get imported so I went for an old 80s MTB frame as a base

Long story short...I loved it!

Very grateful I got accepted to the FB group and also the forum.

Attached is a pic of the fruits of my labour.

Really looking forward to learning more and swapping ideas
Gurt love from the rollling hills of Wiltshire :)

Perfect time to show up, the big annual Build Off is happening. There's more action right now than any other time. Much to see, much to be inspired by.

All good up here. Glad you found the RRB.
I came across if by chance last year looking for bike parts
We have a Facebook group up here Coastal Cruisers(although I don’t do Facebook). We try and have a ride out every Tuesday evening weather and COVID permitting !!
We have a good laugh and usually a packet of chips !! We have 4 or 5 locations we use along the North east coast for Our rides out !!

Evening

Thank you for accepting me into the group.

I’m a complete noob (virgin) to Rat Rods, but about 6 weeks I decided I wanted to get back into biking but really didn’t like the cheap MTB I bought about 7 years ago.

I wanted to get a few new parts and one thing was a comfy seat (to accommodate my fat behind)

So I started looking online and loads of cruiser pics came up. I followed these and then started looking at Klunkers, frankenbikes & Rat Rods....then I disappeared down the rabbit hole !

View attachment 158977View attachment 158978I had a garage with my old MTB and a couple of old knackered MTB that a friend donated for the kids but never got used.

My ‘budget build’ got more and more expensive as I steadily bought all the tools I didn’t have (but needed) to get the buggers broken down, and then I became obsessed!

I really love the old US frames but here in the UK they are few and far between. Any I found were too dear or had to get imported so I went for an old 80s MTB frame as a base

Long story short...I loved it!

Very grateful I got accepted to the FB group and also the forum.

Attached is a pic of the fruits of my labour.

Really looking forward to learning more and swapping ideas
Gurt love from the rollling hills of Wiltshire :)
Alright!?!

One man’s cream crackers is another man’s bounty! Glad it didn’t go to the tip...

I used to get into trouble for saying “gurt” as my mum said it didn’t sound ‘proper’. Greetings from a Bristolian ex-pat!!!

Latest posts

Back