Farewell Adam Hooligan Copeland "karfer67" - Shirts, Hats, and Patches

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He was in inspiration to me and a better person you couldn't find. He will be missed.

Attachments

• adam h.jpg
    adam h.jpg
    242.3 KB · Views: 54
Sad indeed. Such iconic style

View attachment 173533

“Say not in grief ‘he is no more’ but in thankfulness that he was.”
This bike is awesome and the way the rear frame extends way out the back is what inspired me to stretch out the frame on my "lockdown" build although I didn't go for a long trail at the end of the frame like his, I have his build skills, builds and ideas to thank for inspiration, I may trail the rear of the frame on the huffy build I'm doing as I have always wanted to copy (with the upmost respect)that rear end, rest easy my bro, ride easy my bro, love to those left behind

Any of you that can make it to Northern California the end of this month, please try and attend the Celebration of Life / Ride in Peace for Adam Hooligan Copeland . Adam (karfer67) was one of the original RatRodBikes forum guys. The Celebration of Life will be a potluck dinner on October 30th and the Ride In Peace Memorial Ride will be on Octber 31st. Details on the flyers below. Stay tuned for more shirts, hats, and patches too.

244184604_1228449344286015_4390408343813911111_n.jpg
244359290_1228449380952678_6725963878733945181_n_LI.jpg

** Admins and Mods, please allow the censored text and photos of these items. **

As part of the Celebration of Life for Adam Hooligan Copeland (karfer67 on the RRB Forum), we are taking preorders on these shirts until Saturday Oct 16th. We are also taking orders for this new round of hats and patches. Let me know what you want.
#SPREADGOODF***ERY T-shirts, in Red or Gray
$25 S-XL - Plus Shipping
Add $5 for 2XL and up!
#SPREADGOODF***ERY HATS $25 Plus Shipping (only in blue which represented Colon Cancer)
#SPREADGOODF***ERY PATCHES $5 (+$1 extra for shipping fee if unable to pick up)
Shipping Orders available for an additional $8 Priority Mail, but will not ship until shirts & hats are in hand.
Payments acceptted through PayPal as “Family & Friends” to [email protected]

100% of the proceed will go to Adam’s wife & his son.
Thanks in advance and appreciate the support!
🙏
🙏🏽
🙏🏿
🙏🏼

01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg
04.jpg

A great dude ,good soul always pleasant to talk too, just a easy goin guy , use to see him around at shows and sales up here in nor cal , he pinstriped a pedal car for me ( that he used as the background on his business card) and a few bikes I built , incredibly talented and reasonably priced, I always told him , just do what you do , always trusted his judgment and inspiration.

God bless you Adam.
Rafael

This is a bummer to read Adam has passed, I never met him in person but I talked to him on here a bunch and loved his build style.
Sad to say that Mike us1ss also passed away recently, another awesome guy that I was privileged to know and hang out with at bike shows.
Rest In Peace guys.

Oh no, sad to hear that Mike passed too. Ironically or coincidentally, it was Mike that had bought Adam's first build from him "The HIGGINS", and I worked out a deal to get it back to Adam a few years back. Mike was a great guy. I drove down to Jacksonville a few times to do some cool horsetrading with him. Ride In Peace.

I can't say that I've had the pleasure of interacting with this gentleman (that word being used due to the summary of the comments above) but I can say that (a) I've admired his works for years and, (b) Spread good you know what is a term that I had seen floating around on a few custom bicycle websites. To know that this was the guy that left us with those things are a testament to who he had to have been and for what it's worth his family and loved ones are in my prayers.
By the way Cancer in any form just really sucks...please pardon my vernacular

My wife and I were at the Sacramento Autorama awards ceremony when Adam announced he had stage 4 cancer. Our hearts broke. He was a special guy, pretty much the center of the rat bike craze around here. He was the center to me anyway. I first met him at College Cyclery. Later in 2010 I entered the Autorama with a bike I had built. There was this bike there with side draft webers attached to the tank. Pinstripes everywhere, crazy. It was to me the best bike in the show. At that point I figured I could only strive for second. It was a Adam Copeland build. He told me he had even pinstriped the inside of the tank. Man that guy was a artist!

Adam and I were not friends. I don't believe he knew my name. We'd see each other at shows and talk a bit. In 2018 or 19 at the Autorama I told him, "I brought you something bro". We walked out to my truck and I gave him a art piece from my late parents house. It was 3 wooden tiki figures in a frame. If I remember right he loved that kind of art. "Payback bro for all the times you helped me". At the Autorama last year there was something missing, his large presence. I miss seeing you bro, I'll catch up with you on the other side.

A bit late to finding this. It rips in about like I figure it would have on the day of.

Adam and I met here but after some extensive talks about his Hooligan build and getting into some discussion of other pages, we found one another on Facebook and he was a member of my group there for building for the last year he was still present as we are in the now.
Very kind. Very knowledgeable. Very smart. Very funny. Very Unique. A gentleman.

I am so sorry to hear this so late.
R.I.P. Adam "Hooligan" Copeland 🙏
-[KARFER67]-

-Robin

Today is a very very sad day. We lost a positive light in the bike world, and I lost a good friend. Adam Hooligan Copeland has passed away. He was Karfer67 to me in the early days when I discovered the RatRodBikes forum. His builds were iconic, his bike knowledge was abundant, his creative talent was gifted, but his biggest impact was his spirit and love for everyone. His immense heart was so much bigger than his small frame. In the middle of his cancer battle we jokingly came up with the mantra that had really always been his spirit. #SPREADGOODF***ERY (***please allow this) . He felt that this was part of his legacy. It's hard to do on a day like today, but if Adam could do it right up to the end, so can alll of us.
Rest in Peace my friend. I am sure that St. Peter approves of your branding of the Golden Rule.
Been a while since I checked in here, sad to here that Adam has passed he was an inspiration to us all ! Rest in peace my friend ! I will always remember all he did for me at College Cyclery and here at Rat rod bikes !

A great dude ,good soul always pleasant to talk too, just a easy goin guy , use to see him around at shows and sales up here in nor cal , he pinstriped a pedal car for me ( that he used as the background on his business card) and a few bikes I built , incredibly talented and reasonably priced, I always told him , just do what you do , always trusted his judgment and inspiration.

God bless you Adam.
Rafael

Found a pic of the pedal car he did for me ,incredibly talented guy...
PedalCar1.JPG

Glad to continue to see people remembering Adam and continuing to SGF.

Dug up these pics from his FB.

Here he is doing some striping at the Sunny Side Up show in 2014

1699191568416.png

And here he in on his Hard Luck build from Build Off 6

1699191911560.png

Latest posts

Back