Feelin' Blue

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, Thought I would try my hand at joining you all in the buildoff #6, you all make it look like so much fun. Here is what I started with, a Western Flyer, I don't know what year it is. (if anyone else does I appreciate the info) Just thought it was a good looking frame and accessories for $30.

bikes4sale007-1.jpg

bikes4sale004.jpg

Here's a few extra parts I have laying around to work with, not sure what direction I'm going with this.

puppies-bikes046.jpg

puppies-bikes043.jpg

Didn't get any pictures with the frame bare metal, but decided to paint it gold. Got a deal on some paint for 29 cents per can. So here it is on the rack ready to be put back together and some parts I decided to use.

puppies-bikes042.jpg

puppies-bikes055.jpg

I modified the seat by moving the mounting bracket back and mounted it on the frame. I wasn't sure how it would look, but I think it'll do.

puppies-bikes056.jpg

puppies-bikes084.jpg

I couldn't find any blue pedals I liked, so I just painted the reflectors on some metal ones. Here's how they look.

puppies-bikes060.jpg

puppies-bikes067.jpg

Bought some blue tires... that was scary but told ya I was feelin' blue.

puppies-bikes057.jpg

Picked up some mailbox reflectors to modify them into hubcaps by drilling a hole in the center and wrapping them with bicycle chain.

puppies-bikes089.jpg

Here's the wheels and hubcaps mounted... still feelin' blue so I thought I'd throw a blue chain on there

puppies-bikes094.jpg

puppies-bikes091.jpg

Didn't have a pair of handlebars that I liked flipped upside down for the board track look so this is what I came up with...

puppies-bikes095.jpg

Just when I thought I was done and I couldn't find a tank that went with the bike,
still feelin' blue I got tanked and used the bottle for a tank!
Still feelin' blue, still feelin' blue, I even etched the bottle too!

puppies-bikes062.jpg

puppies-bikes102.jpg

frame and rack: $30
tires: $40
rims: $5
paint and primer: $12
seat: $7
grips: $1
handlebars: free

Total Cost to Build: $95 and a whole lotta fun!
Fun: Priceless!

Holy cow! Start to finish in one post. That has to be a record.
I thought that my bottle tank idea was unique, but it appears that great minds think alike.
Nice build. I like the hubcaps too.

What an original concept with the chain hubcaps. Overall build is great. I agree with others, this is probably the record for beginning to end build.

HOLY CRAP!! YOU CAME IN HERE AND STOLE THE SHOW. ALL IN ONE POST. GREAT BIKE.NICE COLOR. IT'S SWEET!! AND I DIDN'T EVEN GET TA SAY....GET TA BUILDIN'!! PEACE

dang i am impressed too when did u start this? beautiful bike

Started to build in the begining of June and took pictures along the way because I'm not to computer knowledgable and had to wait to have my granddaughter post it all at once. Slowy catching on to all of this computer tech. stuff though. Thank you all for all of your comments, I had a lotta fun and can't wait til my next project.

Latest posts

Back