FELT "CAFE RACER"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hope it's not to late just getting started,building a polisihed FELT cafe racer style bike,nice and simple triple tree forks,blue 80 mm rims,drag bars,custom decals,pinstriping.No photos yet but will post soon,Happy Building. :mrgreen:

Stripped the frame by hand,finished at the start May,it was hard and time consumig about 20 hours :x ,no photos of that sorry,i like the rough anodized look,so i am going a lite buff at first see if i can get the imperfections out,If that dont work then its a full chrome like polish,

If you are using triple tree forks...have you thought about building some clip ons rather than drag bars? It would be sweet and fit the Café theme better.

Thanks every one :D ,Fat Willy,i was going with the clip-on idea until i tested the ride position- (felt terrible) so its the conventional route,Ritchey Classic Mountain Flat Handlebar 660mm 31.8mm 10 Deg - Polished,and a Funn MZX2 cnc stem, :wink:

Yeah it is a little different being tucked in with clip on's when you are self propelled. :lol:

These frames look great polished. Justride polished "Bishop" last year. Can't wait to see what you do with yours.
Good luck

Re: FELT "CAFE RACER"Decals cable

My custom decals and blue gear/brake cable have arrived,waiting for the spokes then i start the wheels :( i hate building wheels :x see ya soon :!:

Nice goody pile!

when I was into cafe racers and had no money we would flip the bike bars like a board tracker.

easy and cheep way to get the clip on low profile and we were a ble to successfully dent several tanks as a bonus :lol: the hieght is about the same as clips but they were also wider so not as shaky at low speed!!!!! Maybe real wide clip ons?

Troy

Thats a nice Honda,i had a few jap bikes when i was a kid,they were cheap and easy to rat-up,the best bike i ever had was a Yamaha SRV 250 Candy Red,what a bike,could beat much bigger CC bikes on that baby,I MISS HER!Going real slow on Build,seem to have hit a wall,got some new parts and a drawing of a VITAL DESIGN BIKE,not sitting around doing nothing.At least um drawing. Need to finish "THE FINK".

Latest posts

Back