Felt Cruiser Build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going to be building up this Felt I picked up on Friday night. I bought it with a Marin Hearts Desire womens cruiser for 180. I sold the Marin for 110 today so I have 70 into the Felt. It was definitely neglected and not overly cared for.

20220225_225327.jpg

First things I did were polish as much of the scuffs and scrapes off the frame and scrub the white walls with some clean all super. Removed the fenders for a cleaner look and installed some nicer hardware on the chain guard. Took it to the car wash and blew all the gunk off the hubs and wheels.

20220227_213812.jpg

I ordered a set of ODI flanged mushroom grips and an Electra chrome ape hanger handlebar for the first parts. This bike will end up getting powder coated eventually.

1646030910840.png

1646030931349.png

Last edited:
I buy and sell 95% of my bikes off the classifieds site called Kijiji up here in Canada, I don't do Facebook. I am constantly searching for bikes, most of the good deals I find are because I was the first person to respond to the ad.

I've always liked those Felt Tips. Nice score!

That’s great, you couldn’t sell that women's bike here. Where I live you could’t give it away. Either bike would be hard to get rid of. Your lucky you don’t live in a place where people only want high end elitist bikes or cheap big box bikes. There are no bikes like yours here and no one wants one. It’s like only a Rolex watch will do when you can look on your phone for the time. Stupid cycling mentality here. Nice score, should be a great save. I find it very interesting what people are doing in various places. Bike culture seems to vary, depending on region.

Yeah I probably let the Marin go for too cheap and should have kept it for the Nexus components. I just wanted a quick sale though and move on to the next one. The poor guy that bought it came from 45 mins away and his van broke down about 10 mins from my house. I ended up selling it to him on the side of the highway while he waited for a tow truck. Was going to cost him 500 for the tow back home so he paid 610 for a Marin ladies cruiser just to use the Nexus parts on a project of his, I felt bad for him.

Thanks, yeah I like them too, the price of the bike was worth it just for those tires! I was happy with how well they cleaned up. Unfortunately you cant tell from the pics but somebody rode on the rear while it was flat and there's a bit of damage to the sidewall.

Stripped the bike down last night, dropped it off at the powder coater this morning. Let my oldest daughter pick the color this time, I wanted something flashy. Went with prismatic powders Rainbow's End for the frame, fork, chain guard and stem. The seat guts, crank, kick stand, and chain wheel will be gloss black.

20220311_203106.jpg

Rainbows End

powder-coated-custom-guitar-effects-in-pmb-2691-and-pps-2974-thumbnail.jpg

Got the bike back from powder coat a couple weeks ago. Got it all back together. I am pretty happy with the result! Picked up some VP bear trap pedals and a gold KMC chain to finish it off for now. My plan is to take the wheels apart and polish the hoops and hubs eventually. I bought an 8" bench polisher and stand for that.

20220402_184042.jpg

20220402_190313.jpg

20220407_183732.jpg

20220407_183749.jpg

20220407_183847.jpg

Latest posts

Back