Felt Jasmine

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I seriously don't have room for any more complete bikes but parts mules are almost always welcome. So whilst perusing the local ads I came across this little honey. The sellers photo showed it hanging upside down from the rafters, covered in cobwebs and dust like Grampa Munster. I mentally undressed it: Sweet set of Quick Bricks, Check! Nexus three speed coaster, Check! Va-va-voom fender stays, Check! Purple hoops, Rustoleum! The ad was up for a while and getting stale so I shot a low ball offer. He accepted and now it's mine all mine. It has a few small scratches but doesn't look to have been used much.

Sellers photo flipped 180*

5e9381ac2d914ca1a714c5834a7aea81.jpg

I seriously don't have room for any more complete bikes but parts mules are almost always welcome.
Spent yesterday on a herd-thinning in the form of making a few vintage complete MTBs into parts mules after deciding they were not really worth my time for restoration. I've only brought one bike in recently and that was to fulfill a build request.

During non-snow months my truck can stay outside but when winter comes it will be in the garage. I'm going to have to get creative on bike storage this upcoming winter as my fleet is 3+ from last year and it was already a tight squeeze then.

I've spent the last few weeks trying to implement a space solution. Moved everything into the new master hoard this last weekend and had less space than I started with :tmi: .

I'm going to start accumulating pallets to build two more bike shelves...but, the only real solution is to get rid of some stuff. I never thought I'd think it...but I have too much. :blush:

I've spent the last few weeks trying to implement a space solution. Moved everything into the new master hoard this last weekend and had less space than I started with :tmi: .

I'm going to start accumulating pallets to build two more bike shelves...but, the only real solution is to get rid of some stuff. I never thought I'd think it...but I have too much. :blush:
That is where I'm at too, too much bike stuff. I'm going to part ways with a few of my complete bikes and make decisions on some buildable frames whether they stay or go. There are a few that are my core group and they stay until I can no longer ride. I should be retired from work in early September and want to spend much more time riding and cut back my building to just one a year for the build off, making the switch to quality over quantity. I've really gotten to like Nexus hubs for my cruisers so I'll be upgrading some of my keeper bikes to them, hence this purchase.

I seriously don't have room for any more complete bikes but parts mules are almost always welcome. So whilst perusing the local ads I came across this little honey. The sellers photo showed it hanging upside down from the rafters, covered in cobwebs and dust like Grampa Munster. I mentally undressed it: Sweet set of Quick Bricks, Check! Nexus three speed coaster, Check! Va-va-voom fender stays, Check! Purple hoops, Rustoleum! The ad was up for a while and getting stale so I shot a low ball offer. He accepted and now it's mine all mine. It has a few small scratches but doesn't look to have been used much.

Sellers photo flipped 180*

View attachment 203905
Awesome little score!

Storage problems? Hold my beer!
EEFCEA1C-317E-4608-828B-98F004C31F31.jpeg

This weekend I'll be helping my g/f with demoing a couple of dilapidated sheds at her house and will have enough wall sections to build a frame storage shelter for my backyard. It'll be much nicer than a tarp over the pile.
A shed would be ideal for me too except I have a lake in my back forty that I am not willing to block the view of. I have my recently converted indoor workshop that I can winter a couple of my bikes in on the one end of the room if needed. I'll probably be selling off my old HD shovelhead soon so that will open some garage space. Modern problems........

Can we talk about how much I want that RZ5 in my life? Just let me clear out that pesky family of mine, and I will have plenty of room
He took a bone stock RZ and transformed it into a fire breathing RZV.

Latest posts

Back