FENIX- Finished!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMG. I pop in here for the first time in months and the first thing I see is Spaceliner bezels getting tossed around everywhere! I begged and pleaded for one of those things for YEARS. :headbang:

Done now :cry:

Cool build!

Oh, but if you DO decide to paint them, would you be willing to swap first? The one that I traded my soul for is a grey version, and I need a chrome one.

OH YEAH!!!!!

Gave the tanks some thought last night and decided to go the route of a barn find bike (rust and patina)! Added some "wing" graphics to the bike (after all it's Fenix the bird) similar to bicycles of the late 40's and 50's.

Last edited:
Nice!!! I didn't want to say, but I wasn't feeling the liner scoops. Love the paint scheme you have come up with.

Here's one last look of the complete bike before the tear down for painting. I took it out for it's inaugural ride this morning…the SA 3 speed makes the ride a joy. I finally got the brakes working. Last to do; wire the light and weld the tank sides to the frame.

Incredibly sweet !

I like the bezels but they'd need tucked in a bit more I think? Looks great without them too. More vintage + cleaner. Love how you do the paint. Looks like aged original paint.

If the bezels were cut out to contour the head tube they would look better,but me personally. I like it without them.

I like the bezels but they'd need tucked in a bit more I think? Looks great without them too. More vintage + cleaner. Love how you do the paint. Looks like aged original paint.
If the bezels were cut out to contour the head tube they would look better,but me personally. I like it without them.

Everything's relative? Without the big headline in place, I agree the bezels could tightly fit more to the contour of the head tube. But with headlight on the bike, it's nice to have the bezel grills fan out from behind the headlight. :grin:

Well then...The bezels look weird without the headlight.:21:

I like them though. They remind me of a Yamaha V-Max.

I totally retract my statement of not liking the liner scoops. I don't like the first pic of the one because it looked like it just didn't fit well.

But this better pic with them on there. Thats another story. I just dig the hot rod muscle car vibe the exude.
Build on!!! Build on!!!

I totally retract my statement of not liking the liner scoops. I don't like the first pic of the one because it looked like it just didn't fit well.

But this better pic with them on there. Thats another story. I just dig the hot rod muscle car vibe the exude.
Build on!!! Build on!!!

Brian, I was also surprised with how the bezels turned out, they slowly grew on me. I'm now done with all the painting...its just finessing and tweaking!

i have to say the way you painted this bike is really cool i wish i was hanging out watching you . I like the light , shifter , the forks very original !!

i have to say the way you painted this bike is really cool i wish i was hanging out watching you . I like the light , shifter , the forks very original !!

You're welcomed to hang with me anytime. I wasn't sure of the "patina" direction at first? Stretched bikes are so sleek and contemporary…and are often painted with bright appealing color. But the more I thought about it "why not" go in the opposite direction – weathered and beaten? Incongruous to what you'd expect.

Here's a shot of the bezels placed on the tank…kind-a-looks like an eye of a fly.

u hav
This "patina / rust" thing you have going on with the shiny wide rim and bezels is really upping the ante on this bike! Great look! Now I have to go back in the thread to remember what the front end looks like.....?....chopper...?...here I go

Latest posts

Back