FENIX- Finished!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A different twist on the name of a mythological bird that regenerates new life from the ashes. The legendary bird recycles its own life in the legends of different cultures, Egyptian, Chinese, Greek, etc. I hope to do something worthy of this symbolic bird with this Micargi frame I picked up at a swap meet a few weeks ago.

Last edited:
That frame is slick, and I like the color! You going to keep it that color?

Glad you are in Carlton!

He's in!

Luke.

Glad you are in Carlton!

Yeah I'm in, but with contingencies! I promised the wife I would do several things around the house. So this year her honey-do list takes priority. But I’m thinking I can squeeze in one or two hours a day to work on FENIX?

We’ll see? Happy Wife = Happy Life.

That frame is slick, and I like the color! You going to keep it that color?

I've been looking at this frame for a couple of weeks now. I was vacillating on keeping the color, but I plan on removing the paint today.

Watch those rear stays Carlton. I used one of these frames for Atomic Punk a few years ago, and the combination of very thin tube and the long length of the stays causes them to bend.......I ended up cutting up my frame :(.
DSCF3048-1.jpg

Watch those rear stays Carlton. I used one of these frames for Atomic Punk a few years ago, and the combination of very thin tube and the long length of the stays causes them to bend.......I ended up cutting up my frame :(.

Bean thanks for the heads up. I thought that might be a problem…I had plan on shortening the wheelbase.

Very cool to see you are in. Your bikes are incredible. Stoked to see what you do with this one.

That is awesome, kind of reminds me of the Rocketeer [emoji106][emoji106][emoji108][emoji108]

That is awesome, kind of reminds me of the Rocketeer [emoji106][emoji106][emoji108][emoji108]

Thanks! Here's the impetus…it started a couple of months ago when the guys at the bike shop where I volunteer suggested I use this unique Patterson Transmission for my next build. But I didn't have a frame worthy until I saw the Micargi frame…they look like they were made for each other! The Patterson will provide two ratios, a 1:1 ratio and a 1.6:1 ratio (overdrive). The overdrive ratio is provided by 4 planetary gears housed behind the 28T chainring…pretty cool.

The only problem, I'll need to modify the short spindle to fit my BB.

Never seen one of those before!

Luke.
Me neither. I stopped by the bike shop today and I now have three sets to work with.;););)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back