FENIX- Finished!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool Rocketeer light

Wow a lot has happened since I looked at this one...that shifter is great! Love the rear tire/rim/hub...this is a great one.

Well, I'm back home from my road trip to Colorado. The first thing I did today, I jumped on was making the stick shift work. I cut about an 1.5" from the seat post off the donor "Beast" and used it as a collar to fit over the SA, welded the shifter to the collar and secured it over the SA post with a bolt and nut (it now works like a charm).The bezel is actually a threadless headtube insert

Next I tackled threading the frame for the brake cable. I'll weld the metal brake stops on later tomorrow.

I applied body filler and sanded the frame …the upper rear stay on the drive side needed a dimple to prevent chain rubbing.

I also bondo and sanded the tank sides.

Tomorrow I'll start preparing everything for paint!

Here's one last look of the complete bike before the tear down for painting. I took it out for it's inaugural ride this morning…the SA 3 speed makes the ride a joy. I finally got the brakes working. Last to do; wire the light and weld the tank sides to the frame.

Last edited:
Here's one last look of the complete bike before the tear down for painting. I took it out for it's inaugural ride this morning…the SA 3 speed makes the ride a joy. I finally got the brakes working. Last to do; wire the light and weld the tank sides to the frame.

Like the curves on this bike! Headlight, frame tubes, shifter lever, and the wide tire / rim combo in the back!

Those razor bars luck great on Fenix!!!
Makes me wish I didn't sell them now. :cool2:
Everything came together well on this on Carlton!

Wow that came together real nice, and that's about the coolest headlight ever!!!

I'm digging this bike my man!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back