Final Rankings - Voting Results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really? I've always assumed a gentlman's agreement that no one votes for their own. Maybe I read that wrong.
I don't think there's a rule against it,I mean if we can use all 3 votes on one bike then why not self vote.
Don't get me wrong,I didn't vote for my own. But I kinda lost interest when the steam engine idea I had in my head fell through. Which reminds me.
I have to give props to SoulGarageOH, if you hadn't mentioned two bikes in one Artemus would still be in pieces in my garage.
I remember the first year I entered,I thought it would be sad if I didn't get a vote,so I voted on myself.Then I went to give my 2nd and 3rd choice and I couldn't.:doh:
So I felt like a right tw*t and was disappointed that I couldn't submit the last 2...Now I have the hang of it...:nod:
I think some people are embarrassed to say they vote for themselves.
I'm not.I wish I could vote for myself 3 times.:DJust jokin guys:rolleyes:
iu
:21:

Congrats Brian on your 1st place win and many thanks for those that voted for Fenix. Personally, I’m surprised Waldo’s Elfman Streamline didn’t take first or second place. That bike was one of my favorites…I love everything about it, especially the Rat Rod non-finished look! Waldo you’ve set a high bar for everyone. Lucky for me I won’t be participating in next year’s build, I’m taking a hiatus. This was my fourth build; 2 consecutive first places, one 3rd place, and now a 2nd place win. It’s been a blast…but I think the time has come for me to step aside and let others enjoy the spotlight.
Well now that's gonna make voting next year interesting,without a fordsnake build we'll have to think harder to narrow it down to three.

G-Matt, you did a great job on your build, pulled a vote out of me! Would love to see your work on the older camper. I have considered / am considering doing that myself. Trying to imagine a trailer that would work for camping, heading off to rat rod / custom bicycle shows with bike(s), and the like. Got any pics to share? :nod:
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

This is been a fun experience & a top 10 finish for a first time build compilation is pretty cool !!! but I'm glad it has come to an end could use a break for sure ... Between work , remolding an older camper , and building the 51 flat tracker I'm whooped . I'm enjoying some down time in the camper on it first tip out . way to end the build off . My hats off to all the guys in the build off . Especially so many of the bikes that didn't get many or any votes . Your bikes were way cool and just because you didn't get recognized you should still be proud of your accomplishment & ride the wheels off that Rat [emoji232].... Looking forward to another build off in the future maybe the klunk compilation [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Well, mostly because I'm honest with myself. I was happy with my trike but there was no way it was a top three bike in my mind.
Maybe not a top three....but, it does haul beer so it's a winner in my mind! :thumbsup:

...see above....I'm high on deck stain right now...lolz

G-Matt, you did a great job on your build, pulled a vote out of me! Would love to see your work on the older camper. I have considered / am considering doing that myself. Trying to imagine a trailer that would work for camping, heading off to rat rod / custom bicycle shows with bike(s), and the like. Got any pics to share? :nod:
[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the vote bud !
Yea got to love camping & going to a vintage bike shows hope to make it to some in the future. I say it's an old camper but really it was only 15 years old & 18' long But just was not taken care of and had a bad roof leak that was never fixed . I tried to give the inside a vintage cabin like feel .

I think voting for yourself is like buying yourself a birthday present. Isn't the whole idea of entering this competition to see what the majority of the "members" think is the coolest build, regardless of if its a custom, restoration, or a rusted out rat? I think voting for yourself takes away from that.

I tied for last... it's a little disappointing, but we will have to see what the next build off brings. When is the next one?

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

I tied for last... it's a little disappointing, but we will have to see what the next build off brings. When is the next one?

I should have voted for myself 58th sounds better!

Muscle bike build off starts September 1st.

As an analyst by trade, I love playing with numbers. It is interesting when computing the results, how many winners there actually were! I'd like to see more new and original ideas being recognized. Lots of cool bikes based on established ideas for certain bike types, but when we see new ideas and fresh engineering efforts, things that no one has done before, I think we need to acknowledge their contribution to our craft. Lots of cool bikes were offered, but how many pushed the envelope??? It's one thing to put pieces together (he with the biggest parts box wins), another to fabricate or cross-use parts in ways no one ever has. I hope the next time out more people take the time to look at all the entrants..... you might be surprised at what some unknown, rarely posting and unheralded builder has created!
Congrats to all of the builders.....I wish I had your skills!

Congrats to all, best thing I think about these build offs
is it give you a deadline, I would just not get anything
finished if it wasn't for a finish date!

Thanks to those who do the hard yakka behind the scenes!

(Yakka, Australian for work or toil)

PP,
Have to tell you Gentleman's Indian Cycle was first on my list in the competition. I mulled over the other 2 votes for days, but a vote for your build was easy to cast. Very inspirational. And the end result - a classic!

I should have voted for myself 58th sounds better!

First year I entered, I ended up tied for 78th. I thought it was a cool build, but hey, I could see that there were cooler, so there I was. Still ended up with a bike at the end of it all.

Latest posts

Back