Finally a long bike! Updated pics...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
36 hour rapid rusting completed to satisfaction. The frame looks like it's been in the weeds behind my garage for years...
20160712_082545.jpg

20160712_082603.jpg

I could clear coat but I'm wanting to put it back together today so I think I'll just BLO.

I got carried away. I just wanted a long bike to haul groceries and maybe for y2k purposes. Then I started wanting it to look antique. I was going to use all the 90's mtn bike stuff. I Changed the bars and brake levers and I will change the seat and maybe the pedals. I just need functional but I want cool! Anyway this is what I have right now...
20160712_160731.jpg

I might lose the front fender, it rattles. The rear derailer needs more love and the brakes need more tweaking.

20160712_155718.jpg

I'm happy with the finish and fit of most of the parts. My welding is SO ugly but it holds. All in all this was a great learning experience. Its not done yet but it's close.
20160712_155707.jpg

20160712_155646_1.jpg

20160712_155633.jpg

Now I've got to work for two straight weeks of 12's, then MBBO!!

Lookin' good.
You could've used the mt bike parts, there are no rules in the build thread.

I took it out last night for a short ride and had problems with the low gears on the back wheel. The chain would hop off the front sprocket (middle BB). I think I'm going to try to swap the two middle sprockets and see if it stays lined up better in all five gears.

I also swapped the seat for a big springy seat. I'll try to get an update pic posted when I get home from work tonight.

Looks good, the patina turned out well.
Just a thought, but some PBR mud flaps might look cool...... then again maybe not.

Latest posts

Back