FINALLY! bike #13

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
went to the das aukfest(sp) this morning just to look for a grill for my dads 52 chevy pick up i went along to help him out . this car show has a awesome swap meet to it and i love swap meets there were bikes all over very expensive some decent priced .. i really should spend any money but ... BUT there she was a j c higgens female color flo .. with the tank,fenders,back rack, and ... and SKIRT GAURDS!!!! ... and SKIP TOOTH so im one happy smiling ear to ear girl today its my first skiptooth bike , and i never has skirt guards and its green i talked to a few bike dealers selling bikes before i saw this one and after i bought it i wheeled it past them and they were happy for me and asked how much did i get him down .. i got it for 85 , they were upset b/c yesterday he was solid at 125 .. :) i need to do reserch on it still but i have a busy weekend ahead of me

961378583_TPB9i-L.jpg

961378624_4LDod-L.jpg

That is one sweet little lady...nice bike too :mrgreen: You got a great deal on that. Looks like a '50 or '51 and it should clean up nicely. Just to give you a little idea on the deal you got....a friend of mine just sold one of those in original paint for $1025. His still had the bat wing head light but otherwise was in similar shape...just detailed. Cool find!

Great find!!!! I was there as well today. Some really great bikes there.... I did score a nice set of 26" 1"pitch JC Higgins rims blue with pinstriping and decent tires for 20.00

Hmmmmmm, next years build-off bike? Cool find, looks like it weighs 80 Lbs with all those goodies attached to it! :)

HotRodJen said:
thank ya guys! i just found a pinkerton detective sticker on it ? :) haha

It would have been a pretty decent deal at $125, nevermind $85. :mrgreen: Sweet score. I believe the Pinkerton sticker is totally original... I also think some of the old catalogs describe that (as either standard or an option- I can't remember) as having to do either with theft recovery or prevention. I can't really remember, and maybe neither is correct, but that's what sticks out in my mind. :wink: Awesome bike in any case!

dkimaging said:
Great find!!!! I was there as well today. Some really great bikes there.... I did score a nice set of 26" 1"pitch JC Higgins rims blue with pinstriping and decent tires for 20.00
hahaha i was going to pick them up after i bought the bike but i didnt have a extra 5 bucks on me .. the rear hub on the bike i think needs adjusting which i never messed with before , but ya got them from old man donnie i think his name is :)

Latest posts

Back