Finding these bikes are a breeze

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
...Or at least the last one I found was a Breeze. I text messaged my friend/owner of the LBS about my whitewall tires I ordered months ago (for my mini trike) and he responded back, "Got ya another Schwinn, old school, $10." I obviously sent a OMW (on my way) response and rode my tow bike down there to ride it back side-by-side "ghost style" back to my house a mile away.
This is what I got for my ten bucks...

DSCN3641.jpg

DSCN3640.jpg

A 1974 Schwinn Breeze 3speed, ser#DK +6 digets, puts it a April of 74' if i'm not mistaken with a Sturmey Archer AW hub stamped 73 12 (dec 1973') in the rear. The light runs on "D" batteries which I have yet to get to see if the light will work. I could use those nice chrome fenders on my 60' Schwinn World, but I hate to part out a Chicago Built Schwinn, even if a step-thru frame, although the Breeze back then was like Huffy's Sea Trails, so many out there, nobody will miss one to be chaulked up to parts. Probably put the fenders on my 60' World, the rear carrier on something and throw a basket on the front of this one after I put on a new chain and tires and call it a loaner bike. Probably get some new cabes and stuff for it.

Not bad for $10 bucks though. And I told my friend at the bike shop to keep em' comeing.

So far, I put the headlight/horn on my 62' Schwinn American Heavy Duti cruiser and with a fresh pair of "D" batteries, the light and horn both work, keeping my 62' classic. The rear carrier went onto the back of my 78' Schwinn Spitfire 5, as a carrier is always a good idea for when going into town, concidering the hill I gotta conquer everytime.

Keeping the fenders on it, and throwing on an old Wald basket up front to. Put new rubber, cables and a chain on it, and it will make a descent loaner bike for friends or whatever. Just don't have the heart to part er' out. :roll:

That's a steal at $10 just in parts. Rear rack, headlight, Mag sprocket, Mirror, Can't go wrong. :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back