firestone; bowing out not by choice

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
saved from a scrap yard on its way to a meltdownm,it's a 24"
100_0203.jpg

100_0205.jpg

100_0206.jpg

100_0204.jpg

bottom of tank just about gone
100_0209.jpg
, after sandblasting the right side is also swiss cheesed
100_0208-2-1.jpg

tried to save the wheels, to far gone

Re: firestone

wow hats off to you throwing down this late in. good luck my friend cool bike to start with

It's got the same chainguard and carrier as the Huffy I just picked up. It'll look good when it's finished.

anybody know the history of firestone bikes. this one has serial # 7H701652
100_0220.jpg

can you say JB weld
100_0218.jpg

anybody know the history of firestone bikes. this one has serial # 7H701652
First of all, nice work saving that tank!! Secondly, your Firestone was made by Huffy in 1967. Many different mfg'ers built bikes for Firestone over the years, Huffman in the 40s, Monark in the 50s, Snyder(Rollfast) in the late 50s-early 60s, and Huffy took over after that. ~Adam

:cry:
so the parts I ordered 3 weeks ago have not arrived and have not got any contact from the seller. It is a company from califorina and I assume they went out of business, but not before the took my money.
:( :(
I have seen several amazing machines. did not think I would win, but I would have had a cool bike for my daughter.

what did you need? there are some of us that might have some extra stuff we could send in a jiffy!

what kind of springer were you thinking and what for wheels? I have a friend who wholesales and may have some stuff in stock, of course it will be new Schwinn type springer and new wheels. I don't have an extra springer but may have an odd wheel or two, I'll look.

Ok, here we go I don't have a springer but we knew that already. here is my 24" wheel selection.
img_1370.jpg

from left to right, I have a front chrome drop center in decent shape, next is a painted drop center front in decent shape but poor paint. next is a Schwinn S-7 front painted. last is a rear mountain bike type rim.
let me know if any of this works for you. only stipulation is I will send any of these free, if you pay shipping, and if you stay in the build off. :mrgreen:

i have a springer, measure the headtube and we'll see if it'll work. :wink:

after 33 days the company contacted me and said that they are going to ship the items, only after we filed a claim with pay pal. :? lets see if it shows up.

Latest posts

Back