Firestone Stretch

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like that you took what your 2nd grade teacher said and turned it around; that's great. Great project so far.

Got front tube on. Not sure if I will run one long chain down right side with idler at original crank spot or 2 chains on opposite sides.

Next sandblaster, lots of body filler (bad welding), sanding filler and paint.

Installed a crank, forks and a mock up front tire today. Guess what they hit each other. Trying to put some more curve in the fork.

Dropping to a 24" will gain you an inch, shorter cranks could gain you an inch, curving the forks out some more would gain another inch, probably going to need at least two if not all three to get the room you need...

Could move the bottom bracket back some...

Luke.

I say relocate that crank tube to the top part of the lower most down tube bend, that way your chain alignment will be better above and below the chain stay and you will also have better front wheel clearance with the pedals.

Barnbikes I like seeing someone else's perspective on stretching out a frame. You are doing a fine job. I had to overcome the some of the same obstacles on my stretch cruiser. I'll be watching to see what you do next.

Dug an old mountain bike crank out of the pile. Heated and bent 45 degrees in it. Little more radius in the fork and I think I can keep the 26".

Latest posts

Back