First Anual Enid, Oklahoma Vintage Bike show - 17 August

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
webshowposter.jpg

This is the Asphalt Apes of Northwest Oklahoma's first annual Vintage Bicycle show! Check out the flyer for all the details. It's going to be a FULL DAY of bicycle related events in downtown Enid! Come out and join us, bring a bike...or seven while you're at it!! :wink: :shock: :D

Jay H.

PorkChoppd is going to bring some bikes down. Sounds like fun to us. Spreading the word for ya on our fb page and at the shop. See everyone in August.

Thanks a million PorkChoppd!! RatRod, DFW is not too far away ya know....lol!! :wink: Would love to see some of what the Texas crowd has to offer up here!!!! It should be a good time!

Jay H.

Feel lucky that I found this!
I'd love to come up (Edmond here) and check it out.
Good chance to stop and see my Dad too!

Looking forward to this event!

Thanks!

oldfart36...unfortunately, no swap meet this time. We talked about it, but since this is our first time trying this out and we don't know what to expect as far as turn-out goes, we figured we'd better ere on the side of keeping it simple. If we have a good response this year we will definitely consider adding a swap meet in the future! Thanks for looking!

akhenaten - Awesome! You're not far at all. Should be a good time! I plan to get down to the city in the next couple days to get flyers in all the bike shop windows down there, so help me spread the word! Thanks for your interest!!

Jay H.

Right on Jay.
Probably run into some of my old (emphasis on that word) chums from the E-town.
Graduated from EHS in 91, so there are still some folks there from my past life.

Hey oldfart36, hope we still see you here!

akhenaten, you're just a pup...hehe. Putnam City North class of '85 here! Hope to see you here as well!

You guys be sure to introduce yourselves when your here! Thanks again everyone for your interest!

Jay H.

LowNSlow said:
Hey oldfart36, hope we still see you here!

akhenaten, you're just a pup...hehe. Putnam City North class of '85 here! Hope to see you here as well!

You guys be sure to introduce yourselves when your here! Thanks again everyone for your interest!

Jay H.

Going to try! Really want to meet some of you. Know alot of the Okly Hot Rodders, but not many of the bike guys! :wink:

Pupps, ohhhhhh I graduated in 73!!!!!! Boy do I feel old :shock: :shock:

KansasRollFast said:
I know there will be folks coming from Wichita. Spreading the word brother!

You're awesome, thanks a million!! Looking forward to a fun day!

Jay H.

Well, as an added bonus, our very own "Retro Theater" here in Enid will be having a special showing of "Breaking Away" on Friday evening, August 16th, the night before the show! It's an outdoor showing at our beautiful ballpark here downtown Enid. Should be a fun time and it's a great movie!! Hope to see some RRB folks out at the show!

Jay H.

Just a friendly reminder/bump, the show is less than a week away!! Hope to see some of you there! Should be a fun bike-filled day!

Jay H.

Jay,
Are there going to be any parking issues...are they going to be taping the area off?
I plan on getting there 30 minutes to an hour before to track down some coffee and a good parking place.
Just curious.

Tanx

Akhenaten,

we are closing the short block just off the square immediately adjacent to the bike store. There is plenty of parking in a lot immediately East of the street. I should think there will be no issues with parking for ya! BTW, good coffee is not far away at the Boomerang cafe just down the block!

As another awesome addition to the day, I just found out the Bike Shop will be providing a keg of beer for all our thirsty participants and viewers!!! Bring your bike and bring your thirst!! See you there Saturday!

Jay H.

OH, for anyone interested, as far as good show-day eats go, there are 4 excellent restaurants within very short walking distance of the bike show!!! We have a Boomerang Cafe less than one block west of the show location. They serve great diner fare, burgers, fries, onion rings etc. We have Pane Vino 2 doors down to the East of the show site. They are a very nice Italian and steak themed restaurant with wine and beer available. Just 2 doors further from Pane Vino is the Sidewalk Cafe. They serve a variety of great American selections. Lastly, and literally on top of, maybe in front of, right next to the show site.....whatever, is Callahan's Pub!! There may actually be show bikes displayed directly in front of this fantastic English style pub. Great burgers, fantastic fish n chips, even a couple outstanding Asian and even Indian inspired dishes. Well, and Guinness on tap. Octavio's Taqueria is a short 2 blocks walk....THE best tacos in town! There is a brand new Mexican restaurant right across from the Boomerang (sorry don't even know the name, so new!). There's also a fantastic Italian restaurant called Napoli's just on the other side of the main square from us. And a great coffee shop and cupcake shop just 2 blocks walk as well!!

Certainly, if none of these options suits your fancy, there are LOTS of choices for food within very short driving distance from the show!

Jay H.

Thanks Jay.
Here's hoping we don't get hammered with rain. Forecast is looking sketchy as of now. @@

Definitely familiar with Pane Vino....we ususally do dinner there when we go to Enid for Family visits.
My little sister was the bar tender there for a few years....she recently moved to Colorado to live with her new husband though.

See you guys there around beer:30 Saturday! (9:30AM CST)

Latest posts

Back