First time ever building a bike, completely new to the whole thing, advice and help welcome. Huffy Dragster

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks to the both of you. I enjoy seeing other people's successes. The build looks full of potential and thanks to Crash. I hadn't yet looked for pedals but bought a pair off your link. They will replace the worn ones on my wife's 1950s Schwinn Green Hornet.

Alright, today I put the bike on the stand, started disassembly. It got a bit dark for more pics but I'll take some more tomorrow. after carefully removing the front tire from the rim, just for S&G's I checked to see if the tube would hold air. HA! IT DOES!

tear down 1.JPG

Looking for an Alta Duro 20 x 2.125 Black/black sidewall knobby tire. Does anyone know who has them or how often they make them? Can't find any on Ebay, or with the Google-Fu.

wow! that's pretty much over twice what they go for. I'm not that desperate yet for a tire. I'm a noob when it comes to bicycles, how often does Alta make tires does the shortage happen often or do you think this is from the covid thing?

Last edited:
Can't find any reviews on rebcobdp.com...however, the website wasn't registered until a month ago.

So, I'm leading you down crooked paths...I might call status suspension tomorrow and see if anyone answers.

Thanks for all the info so far, I like the look of the Huffy's but unfortunately they don't match the orignal knobby pattern for the OG tire. Mine has too much dry rot in the sidewalls to keep on, and I'm looking for riders. I've already got the front from Duro. I messaged that company Rebcobdp, to see if they are actually in stock or if they are a drop ship company from the mfr. I'll post up whatever i find out.

Well ChiknCoop, I know I'm a tad late here, but welcome to Rat Rod Bikes! You've got a great first bike there! It's nice to hear that you're planning to restore it and bring it back to riding condition! I hope you'll find everything you need to rebuild your Dragster so you can get riding soon!

So I've been a bit busy, but I did do some tear down and a quick wash. Things seem to be cleaning up nice. No answer from that company that had the Duro tires on their website. Probably a drop ship company from the factory.
crank.jpg

hub.jpg

Before I go full repaint on this, I'm going to see how far I can bring the original paint back. I've got experience from working on classic cars and vans so I'll see how it goes...

Latest posts

Back