Fixed pain

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B0C0F74E-826E-495B-B2F5-ED580311EDC7.jpeg

Just hosed the mud off of it, because cool bikes get muddy.
I’ll adjust the seat, rub the head badge out, oil it down, and then call it finished for now.
Brakes may be in its future, but I’ll probably just not, to keep the pain part real.
Also, I don’t like those grips so they will get switched out.

Looking forward to your headbadge!

I like the look of the grips! How do you attach the tubes? Might have forgotten about that last detail on mine...

I start from the center, pull and stretch and wrap back towards the ends.
At the end I cut and then tuck the remainder into the tube and pound a plug in.
Then a short piece of tube cut like a wide rubber band, is stretched over the end.
The plug, and the stretch bit would be easier with three hands.
A bit of 303 will make them last longer.
I’m actually tempted to try some normal SPF 50 sunscreen on them.
The Swamp Flower wore tube wrapped grips when it had drop bars. They only last a year or so before the brutal Florida sun starts to break them down, that’s why I’m thinking sunscreen.

I knew Lizard Skins made grips, I wasn't aware they made seat covers. :crazy:

I think the badge came out great. Killer pneumatic grips!

I’m still on the road.
won’t be home until the BO is over, so I’m going to have to call her done for now.
when I get home a new crankset and chain will go on, and then I’m going to ride it anytime I’m feeling to squirrelly to ride the swamp flower or my Haro.

I’m still on the road.
won’t be home until the BO is over, so I’m going to have to call her done for now.
when I get home a new crankset and chain will go on, and then I’m going to ride it anytime I’m feeling to squirrelly to ride the swamp flower or my Haro.

Just don't forget to create your Finished Bike thread by the deadline with your voting pic at that top of it.

Thanks
Done
I really should have switched frames and entered Swamp Flower. It started about the same time, but parts were on hand or easier to find so it got finished first. She is a joy to ride, when I’m just cruising.
Fixed pain is for pure juvenile, immature, irresponsible, play.
8A9B0F28-BFFD-4DCE-A9AF-9BD951DD917D.jpeg
618B23BA-1E5D-45EE-A040-4AA00E9FB218.jpeg

Latest posts

Back