Flea market bmx find id help

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked this up today for $10 couldn't pass it up. It has double HH on the rear dropouts and the serial number on the bottom bracket. The number is PAW8F0554 any info much appreciated.

20210613_133016.jpg

20210613_132954.jpg

20210613_132852.jpg

20210613_133004.jpg

20210613_132846.jpg

20210613_133040.jpg

Also the bottom cup on the head tube is much bigger than the top one is that how it's supposed to be?

I think it's a Haro Blammo but I'm still trying to find that exact serial number cross reference

Jeez there's such a thing as too much, that serial number thread is 32 pages long. And the Haro gallery has 122 pages. Good luck sifting through all that!

Have you tried putting a 20" wheel on it... I'm thinking it's an 18". I think the PA in the serial is for the Forum 'Partial' model, there is a Partial 20 and a Partial 18 (and a 16)…both could come in the color gloss coffee, which looks like what you have at the bottom of your rainbow :). The problem is, that in 2008, the Forums had brakes under the seatstays. The F18 is the only model I can find that has chainstay brakes, but it doesn't come in a tan/coffee color.

So, I'm either way off base, or it's an oddball, or perhaps a 2007 as I can't find a 2007 Haro catalog.

I initially thought it was a 2008 Forum Intro, because there is one listed on BMXMuseum that has chainstay brakes as well. The catalog shows the Forum Intro with under seat stay brakes. So, either his is an oddball, or he's wrong :grin:. If yours is a 20"...it is an oddball one because your top tube is too short (should be 20.5").

It's somewhere in this era... however.

Have you tried putting a 20" wheel on it... I'm thinking it's an 18". I think the PA in the serial is for the Forum 'Partial' model, there is a Partial 20 and a Partial 18 (and a 16)…both could come in the color gloss coffee, which looks like what you have at the bottom of your rainbow :). The problem is, that in 2008, the Forums had brakes under the seatstays. The F18 is the only model I can find that has chainstay brakes, but it doesn't come in a tan/coffee color.

So, I'm either way off base, or it's an oddball, or perhaps a 2007 as I can't find a 2007 Haro catalog.

I initially thought it was a 2008 Forum Intro, because there is one listed on BMXMuseum that has chainstay brakes as well. The catalog shows the Forum Intro with under seat stay brakes. So, either his is an oddball, or he's wrong :grin:. If yours is a 20"...it is an oddball one because your top tube is too short (should be 20.5").

It's somewhere in this era... however.
My misunderstanding The 19" was measuring between the headtube and seat tube on the top. From middle of the seat tube to center of the headtube closer to 20.5". Will try a 20" tire on it later today.

Well, it's a 20" then. There are 2007 and 2008 Forum Intros on BMXMuseum with chainstay mounted brakes in spite of what the catalogs show. The 2007 even gives the serial starting with 'FIN7', which backs up that it is a Forum Intro. The 2008 started as a multilayered paint frame like yours. I believe the Forum is the only frame of that era that has a bottom tube to HT gusset, but no top tube to HT gusset. So, with your PAW8 serial, I'm going to say 2008 Forum Partial 20 regardless of the under seatstay mounts shown in the catalog.

Main triangle is chromo.

Tried a 20"tire fits with a 2.0 with plenty of room. Joined the bmx museum's forum see what they can tell me. Guessing it's nothing special to try and find the original parts for probably exceed the value of the bike. When I googled about the HH shield something said it was the early logo got excited.

After doing a bunch of searching I think I have figured it out. With the brakes on the top of the brake stays means it was build in 2007 (which only came in maroon or gloss black/champagne fork and bars). But the coffee color underneath and first 4 serial numbers (paw8) means it wasn't used until 2008 which had brakes on the bottom of the top stays and came in the coffee color. And I remeasured the top tube again and it's 20 1/4 so that and the pa in the serial number means it is a forum partial.

Latest posts

Back