Fleet Liner?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0816.JPG
IMG_0817.JPG
IMG_0818.JPG
Picked up this klunker today. Fleet Liner rear rack mounted backwards. Rat trap like a spaceliner but the rack is wrong. Neither were tank bikes and the tank looks like a aeroline or mercury.

Attachments

• IMG_0819.JPG
    IMG_0819.JPG
    242.7 KB · Views: 193
Which bike models had a rat trap springer and a tank? I know it's not a space liner or a fleet liner.

I think all the "Liner bikes had twin top tubes , that kinda looks like Murray forks on an old Huffman.
Got any more detailed pictures? It looks like someone transfered most of the parts from a liner over.

NM I see the pic's now, The rear brake bridge is gonna be the key to figuring out what the frame is. (Chain guard looks like Huffy to me)

All the other stuff looks like Murray.

Easiest way to ID most pre-'58 Murray frames is the unique collared frame tube connection @ the seat post, there are a few good pics of that detail in the post
"Need help ID'ing this pre-war "Schwinn"..."
Stamp on the BB should have codes that tell the year, and whom it was built for. ~Adam

Last edited:
I believe the frame is most likely from the Murrey Fleet Line. The rat trap is probably off a spaceliner. The rear rack is definately a fleet Liner. The chain ring is a Westinghouse burner model. What a hodge podge. I just wanted it to build a shop themed bike and I love springers. Going to start tearing down

IMG_0831.JPG
IMG_0832.JPG
IMG_0833.JPG
IMG_0834.JPG
Some more detailed pictures

231218 is the serial number
MO R212 are marked on the bottom of the bottom bracket

Latest posts

Back