Flora, fauna

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hawk eating a chipmunk on the driveway. Missed the shot of entrails, but I doubt too many wanted to see that.

IMG_8798.jpg

That must have been fun on light gear!
It was AWESOME! I was rigged for perch, I was using a 1/32 oz jig head with a small piece of a fake scented worm. I made this rod out of a couple old broken poles. It’s about 2 feet long, but apparently I did a good job because it’s held up to everything I throw at it. I have a ton of light gear I made from broken old thrift store poles. It’s pretty easy, all you need is a 2 part epoxy and some creative ideas. :)
image.jpg

It was AWESOME! I was rigged for perch, I was using a 1/32 oz jig head with a small piece of a fake scented worm. I made this rod out of a couple old broken poles. It’s about 2 feet long, but apparently I did a good job because it’s held up to everything I throw at it. I have a ton of light gear I made from broken old thrift store poles. It’s pretty easy, all you need is a 2 part epoxy and some creative ideas. :)
View attachment 163397
Lol my light rig includes a 7" UglyStik. I like the leverage for working a fish. Landed a 25lb carp on 8 lb test, took almost an hour to tire it out

Can’t go wrong with an ugly stick! The tip of my perch pole used to be a 7’ ugly stick lol. I still haven’t caught a carp yet though, I see them where I keep my boat, but I never have the right bait lol

I could catch them with a paddle around here, just whack em over the side of the canoe. The water is so full of them, you could almost walk across their backs. They really mess up the bass' spawning grounds

I could catch them with a paddle around here, just whack em over the side of the canoe. The water is so full of them, you could almost walk across their backs. They really mess up the bass' spawning grounds
I accidentally hit one in my kayak when I was testing my motor out. I had it on “autopilot” and I was texting and driving. I didn’t see it float up or anything, but I heard a thump and looked up from my phone and saw there were a ton of carp around so I backed off the throttle and started paying attention lol moral of the story, don’t text and drive lol

Turtles have been laying eggs all over the place lately. I think this one was looking for a spot.

IMG_8947.jpg

We have a small warren of rabbits under a Japanese maple in front. They're pretty used to us and the adults will even walk to us, though they stay at least an arm's reach away. Saved one of the babies from a weasel a few weeks ago. Was watching the bunny eating and saw a small, thin brown thing stalking it from the bush line. Ran outside and the weasel bolted for cover. Although he's thankfully long dropped out of popular culture, Pauly Shore is NOT welcome on this property and neither are his friends!

IMG_8970.jpg

It was about 4" long. :whew:

I think that's the harbinger of a Biblical plague or someone's been experimenting with radiation to grow bigger crops.

Latest posts

Back