Forum format change?

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes:

MazdaFlyer

Like “RadioFlyer”
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The visual format of the forums seems to have changed. The navigation arrows have disappeared. More difficult to move from post to post. Not seeing reaction notices on posts. It seems less friendly today???

MazdaFlyer

Like “RadioFlyer”
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How to do you navigate backwards now?

Captain Awesome

👑 Lord of Irrelevance 👑
Staff member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Other than aesthetics, everything seems to function the same on my end

I'm getting notices and alerts

MazdaFlyer

Like “RadioFlyer”
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The site software just updated to most current version and dark style was added. We are still doing final tweaks special to RRB.
Ok after using Tapatalk for years I was finally getting used to the direct RRB forum functions, hopefully the tweaks will restore some of the previous navigation aides.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Site Owner
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok after using Tapatalk for years I was finally getting used to the direct RRB forum functions, hopefully the tweaks will restore some of the previous navigation aides.

What navigation aides are you referring to? And is this for mobile or desktop?

MazdaFlyer

Like “RadioFlyer”
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How to do you navigate backwards now?
Used to have an back option arrow at bottom of screen, it’s gone and the forum titles at op of thread and bottom almost require a magnifying glass to see.

MazdaFlyer

Like “RadioFlyer”
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What navigation aides are you referring to? And is this for mobile or desktop?
iPhone with rrb app. Back arrow at bottom no longer present. There used to be a pop up “done” button when you were done reading a post that returned you to the forum area you were in.

MazdaFlyer

Like “RadioFlyer”
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

MazdaFlyer

Like “RadioFlyer”
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
iPhone with rrb app. Back arrow at bottom no longer present. There used to be a pop up “done” button when you were done reading a post that returned you to the forum area you were in.
Can these features be reinstated? They were mist helpful with my mobile iPhone. I now have to scroll to top of thread or bottom and look for the ity-bity links.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Site Owner
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can these features be reinstated? They were mist helpful with my mobile iPhone. I now have to scroll to top of thread or bottom and look for the ity-bity links.

The tech has put it on his todo list. I may take a day or so, but it should be back soon.

MazdaFlyer

Like “RadioFlyer”
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tech has put it on his todo list. I may take a day or so, but it should be back soon.
FEE73B85-9C87-47A0-8DEC-3607B41A5C99.png

This sample screen shot from The CABE is how the RRB Forum use to look at bottom.

MazdaFlyer

Like “RadioFlyer”
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still appears on chrome
(Triangle for back, circle for home, square to switch apps, so it's a chrome feature)View attachment 166473
Those three right there.
Navigation with Safari is cumbersome to say the least. You have to scroll to top or bottom of post, get your maginifying glass out and look for the link to click on…sorry.

kingfish254

CHECK OUT MY SALE THREAD FOR COOL STUFF!
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
130   0   0
Navigation with Safari is cumbersome to say the least. You have to scroll to top or bottom of post, get your maginifying glass out and look for the link to click on…sorry.

That "magnifying glass" comment makes it sound like you are not running the mobile version of the webpage. Webpages are setup so that they automatically detect if the user has a mobile form factor screen and they show the webpage in a mobile friendly view. This has been my experience with RRB on my phones for years now.

With any mobile browser, the default should be to view the mobile version of the webpage, but these defaults can be overridden so that you are trying to look a the full desktop version of the webpage. I don't know about Safari, but with Chrome when you click on the 3 stacked dots in the upper right, a menu drops down and one of the checkboxes is "Desktop Site". If you check this, then the full size desktop pc view of the page is displayed and you have to zoom in and out and scroll every direction to navigate.

MazdaFlyer

Like “RadioFlyer”
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That "magnifying glass" comment makes it sound like you are not running the mobile version of the webpage. Webpages are setup so that they automatically detect if the user has a mobile form factor screen and they show the webpage in a mobile friendly view. This has been my experience with RRB on my phones for years now.

With any mobile browser, the default should be to view the mobile version of the webpage, but these defaults can be overridden so that you are trying to look a the full desktop version of the webpage. I don't know about Safari, but with Chrome when you click on the 3 stacked dots in the upper right, a menu drops down and one of the checkboxes is "Desktop Site". If you check this, then the full size desktop pc view of the page is displayed and you have to zoom in and out and scroll every direction to navigate.
Everything was fine till the forum software change.

kingfish254

CHECK OUT MY SALE THREAD FOR COOL STUFF!
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
130   0   0

Latest posts