Help Support Rat Rod Bikes:

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Site Owner
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is how the firum looks on my phone. ANDROID.

Screenshot_20210805-134007_Chrome.jpg

MazdaFlyer

Like “RadioFlyer”
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last edited:

MazdaFlyer

Like “RadioFlyer”
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those two look normal.
The point is before the forum software update or change there were navigation buttons at bottom and top. They are now gone…Tapatalk got dumped then the RRB software change took away navigating without scrolling to top or bottom of post and looking for a link to go backwards. So I’m not spending time looking at other posts now. Change isn’t always good. After 10 years I’m slipping away.

Last edited:

MazdaFlyer

Like “RadioFlyer”
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From inside the forum, logged-in, I clicked on “home”. This screenshot is what I remember seeing before the big software update.
A687AB6F-DA66-4D93-B915-3B39858A0CF6.png

When selecting “forum” in the menu the navigation bits disappear. I’m not an IT person, just a consumer/user/customer that would like some customer service:

kingfish254

CHECK OUT MY SALE THREAD FOR COOL STUFF!
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
130   0   0
I don't remember seeing that bottom toolbar before. That screenshot might help the forum techs figure out what you were talking about though.

1628524469821.png

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That looks like a Safari icon in blue, bottom right corner. Matches the font size buttons next to web address at the top of MF's screen. That makes me think those missing navigation buttons are a browser feature similar to the Chrome ones that I posted earlier.
* I'm also not a tech guy, just trying to get to the bottom of this issue, and retain the talent. Don't go, @MazdaFlyer !

kingfish254

Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
130   0   0
That looks like a Safari icon in blue, bottom right corner. Matches the font size buttons next to web address at the top of MF's screen. That makes me think those missing navigation buttons are a browser feature similar to the Chrome ones that I posted earlier.
* I'm also not a tech guy, just trying to get to the bottom of this issue, and retain the talent. Don't go, @MazdaFlyer !

@MazdaFlyer , I wonder if that toolbar is a iPhone Safari browser thing.
Here is a screenshot of a possible answer from a google search I did.

1628526056571.png

kingfish254

Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
130   0   0
I also found this which has a short video showing the bottom toolbar going away then reappearing with a touch.

It also states that
And thus began the month long saga of finding a solution to this problem. It turns out that the normal behavior of mobile Safari is to shrink the top address bar and hide the bottom navigation bar on scroll. When an approximately 44px high space on the bottom of the window is touched, the bottom navigation bar reappears.​

MazdaFlyer

Like “RadioFlyer”
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@MazdaFlyer , I wonder if that toolbar is a iPhone Safari browser thing.
Here is a screenshot of a possible answer from a google search I did.

View attachment 167511
Yep…That’s the way I remember the RRB Forum software working before the “update”.
If you scroll to bottom of thread and click touch the bottom of screen you get the toolbar back momentarily and then you get the “XenForo” page…

kingfish254

Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
130   0   0
Yep…That’s the way I remember the RRB Forum software working before the “update”.
If you scroll to bottom of thread and click touch the bottom of screen you get the toolbar back momentarily and then you get the “XenForo” page…

I may be wrong, but from what I read in the write up and elsewhere, that functionality is part of Safari and doesn't have anything to do with whatever webpage or forum you are on. Maybe it's a setting on your browser? Does that toolbar show up for other webpages? Did it before?

MazdaFlyer

Like “RadioFlyer”
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The whole key to my complaint is that the bottom toolbar and the top “done” button used to show up before the software update. I’ve stated this numerous times. No settings in Safari that I’ve found.

looked at some other websites, the bottom toolbar is active and accessible.

Last edited:

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Site Owner
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The point is before the forum software update or change there were navigation buttons at bottom and top. They are now gone…Tapatalk got dumped then the RRB software change took away navigating without scrolling to top or bottom of post and looking for a link to go backwards. So I’m not spending time looking at other posts now. Change isn’t always good. After 10 years I’m slipping away.

Were you on Tapatalk all the time in the before?

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Site Owner
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The whole key to my complaint is that the bottom toolbar and the top “done” button used to show up before the software update. I’ve stated this numerous times. No settings in Safari that I’ve found.

looked at some other websites, the bottom toolbar is active and accessible.

Can you take a screen shot showing that from which ever forum? It would help.

MazdaFlyer

Like “RadioFlyer”
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you take a screen shot showing that from which ever forum? It would help.
There’s one at #26 of this thread page.

MazdaFlyer

Like “RadioFlyer”
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Site Owner
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@MazdaFlyer When looking at the forum using iPhone and Safari our tech sees this.

Kamal   RRB  view.PNG

If you notice the controls are at the bottom. Nothing has been changed in the software.

What you need to do is a long press on the title bar of the browser. And it will hide automatically when you scroll down.

MazdaFlyer

Like “RadioFlyer”
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@MazdaFlyer When looking at the forum using iPhone and Safari our tech sees this.

View attachment 167587

If you notice the controls are at the bottom. Nothing has been changed in the software.

What you need to do is a long press on the title bar of the browser. And it will hide automatically when you scroll down.

So if I ditch the desktop button you sent out and access RRB forum directly through Safari the navigation seems to work as before…something changed.
77F27786-0E9B-41C9-9C7E-9212E08DC5C6.jpeg

wow…

Latest posts