• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

REDUCED Four Parts Packs - Something for Everyone

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

user 15387

Inactive Account
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
full

full

full

1. Road Bike Parts Pack: you get a Schwinn-approved headlight with stem mount; German-made Schwinn generator with mount; and two sets of road bike rat trap pedals. I have not tested the generator and headlight, but I do believe they work. The generator turns freely and nothing is loose. The head light could be cleaned a bit, but is in decent shape. The headlight stem mount is complete. You also get two sets of road bike pedals from the '70s: a 9/16 set for your English bike and a 1/2 set for your Schwinn. The 1/2 set (the chrome set) is a weighted, self-righting set. Both sets spin freely. There's a little runout on one of the axles on one of the silver pedals, but it's not bad. Both sets function and can be ridden. $33 shipped in the lower 48 for all of this.

full

full

2. Vintage cruiser/American bike set: you get a set of rear drop screws and a Westfield/Columbia front hub. The screws have good threads. One is slightly bent, but they both should work. You probably can straighten the slightly bent screw in a vise. The front hub is from a 1940s-era Westfield 26 inch ballooner bike. The shell appears to be milled from a single piece of metal rather than pressed together (at least it looks that way?). The front hub turns freely - probably just needs to be cleaned out and re-greased. You get this set for $30 shipped in the lower 48 states.

full

full

full

3. English bike pack: a 1955 Sturmey AW 3-speed with an alloy aluminum hub shell and appropriate shifter. The AW is from the mid-50s. Shell has some dings and scratches, but no breaks or cracks. It's a 40 hole rear shell. I have re-greased and re-oiled this hub. It should work properly and is ready to lace into your English wheel set. It's a premium, uncommon hub with a lightened shell. It also comes with a really, really clean brass-faced Sturmey shifter. This is a "window" shifter also from the 1950s era. It's very tight and should work really nicely. It's a good match for the hub for your English bike project. This stuff is from the 1950s 'golden age' of Sturmey Archer, when their quality was second-to-none. $50 shipped for these in the lower 48 states.

full

full

4. Schwinn and Reich bell pack: two Schwinn badges: a large oval and a small 'winged' badge. The winged badge is from a 1950s lightweight Schwinn. Badges are in good shape. These badges also come with a Reich German bell, at least I think it's a Reich. The bell has a crown on the lever. It works well and has a quite loud, double ring. Bell looks 1950s-60s era, but could pass for any time period. It's very plain and classic looking. $30 shipped in the lower 48 states.

Package 5:

I have three sets of English bike pedals for sale: a Hercules; a Rudge; and a Union set. All three sets are complete and even have their dust caps. Blocks are in decent shape, especially the Rudge set. They all need to be cleaned and re-grease, or else use for parts. I also have a set of English-made Dare-style grips with finger groves and shock stopper grooves.

I'll throw in this B72 saddle with clamp as well. The saddle has lots of cracking but none seem to go all the way through. It's an older saddle with re-inforcing band on the bottome (I don't think they do that on the 72s today). It probably has some more miles on it before it gives up. I'll throw that in as well.

Everything for $50 shipped in the lower 48 states by priority medium box.

full

full

full

If you want just the rat trap pedals - I can do $28 shipped in the lower 48 states for just those two sets of pedals.

Drop on the Westfield hub and bolts package: $25 shipped in the lower 48 states.

$45 shipped in the lower 48 for the alloy Sturmey hub and shifter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back