Frankenrod (switch up pg. 3)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LukeTheJoker said:
Agree entirely!
When the time comes to get back to the other build, KingFish's Fugsley might be a good build to look over, fairly similar set up wheel and tire wise to yours, admittedly in a far different application, but the driveline might give you a spark for an idea!

Luke.

kingfish254 said:
Hate to see teh Swap Rat put on hold, but I dig what you are doing with the new build.

I've got a pretty good idea of the direction I'm going in, I just don't have the funds to do it right. I could use what I have but I'd be incredibly unhappy with it. :cry: I'm excited with the new one though! :mrgreen:

Did a little latex molding work today! I've never done a glove style mold but it should produce a couple Franks before it quits.

A progress shot after about 4 coats. I still have a TON more to do! I picked up some green and red translucent dye as well as some micro metal flake to put into the resin.

Are you saying you are making a Frankenstein red and green metal flake snow globe for your bike??
That's insane! :mrgreen:

Sculpted like this:

8591781634_9796736605.jpg

Tommy Atoms said:
Ahhh man this is gonna be sweet. Love the monster! I made a giant one last year for Halloween.
Onewheelsqueel said:
Is that your "head badge"? Lol
rickpaulos said:
Sculpted like this:
8591781634_9796736605.jpg

Well the "glove mold" went to pure heck when I pulled it so I've got some silicone 2-part on the way. I'm more comfortable with that stuff anyways. But yes, This will be a glowing headbadge with leds buried in it. If that idea works out I'll do the tail as well. I'm gonna play around with the flake and see if its worth it as far as the lights are concerned. I've got enough epoxy on hand for 6 heads so it should be plenty.

erichitscar said:
I disappear for a week, AND EVERYTHING CHANGES!!!!

Now you know how I felt when my parents visited for a week hahaha!

Today I made myself a nicer looking seat post. I think it flows much better than the hacked angular one.

I have a million of these bars for some reason.

Choppy chop!!

Weldy weld!

I'm probably going to cut that sissy bar off and make my own. It doesn't flow nearly as nicely as I had wanted.

Well so much for latex paint on molds! Looks like it's back to silicone box molds. I've got some on order but here's sort of what I'm going for..... minus the lack of detail with metal flake in better suspension.

Just hang that one from your shop ceiling with a spotlight on it and crank up some Saturday Night Fever.
:mrgreen:

bigfatcat said:
Well so much for latex paint on molds! Looks like it's back to silicone box molds. I've got some on order but here's sort of what I'm going for..... minus the lack of detail with metal flake in better suspension.

You can send that one my way if you like, I will give it a new home with honor...

Frankenrod (new bars!)

So while I wait for my molding silicone I figured I'd work on the bars. I've had a set of Bratz apes for a little while now. I think they're hideous. Not anymore!

Gross

KARATE CHOP!

All better.

Thanks guys!
So attempt number 2 at the frank mold. Long story short, I should have used the silicone to begin with. The mold came out SPOT ON and it's much much tougher than the latex. :D

Frank mold!

Epoxy

Probably going to bury these led's in the next cast. I want to see how it works first.

Latest posts

Back