Fresh Flipper Finds * Fotos

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try saying that fast 3 times...Fresh Flip Finds Fresh Flip Finds Fresh Flip Finds.
OK...I should be working on the Unvega for the MBBO...but I was gathering, cleaning up some bikes last several days
A couple of good ones to Flip...or ride for a while, then flip...or...to just jam in the shed.....:happy:
Two are serviced and cleaned/ waxed ready to list
two more need work.......

fresh_ finds10-2016.jpg

L-R.
Free Spirit Dk. Green Nice and clean..serviced..just pop the chain back on and test ride. Cost: $0. Curbside
TREK Mountain Trail 800 womans Mtn Bike. Dk. Green cost..$10.00
SUN CRUISER : Pink..cost... $10.00. cleaned serviced rides perfectly.
UNIVEGA ROVER : Faded Red Nice bike good frame & tires...cost..$15.00

How'd I do?
:happy:
franco

You'll get a nice return on those

You'll get a nice return on those

Hopefull will KF.... since it's part of what I do. It's a living....barely. Unless you find a rare model that you just have to relist and make big bucks, and I see you have a very keen eye and feel for that..I respect that.
For me.. it's either a passion for fixing up / rescuing decent mid old bikes...or...unchecked ADD as Crash would say..:bigsmile:

I'm finding the sweet spot on flipping though..get known name bikes., cuz the quality is better, i.e. the chrome usually shines up better even if it's old and rusty...or if you'r flipping a Magna Mtn Bike for instance, (which I am now)...remove all the decals and color match everything, make it look generic and cool..[although a cheap asz Huffy Beach Cruiser] will always sell by the second day....Proving, for the most part, used bike buyers don't really care what 'kind' of bike it is, as long as it is clean...looks good, and rides nice.
carsalesman.jpg

Don't just kick off the mud, fix 'em like you'd ride them.

A shop front would be nice...but I actually got those bikes....well, 3 of them, off on yet another bike shop that sells new and used that was going down....NOt because they didn't have cool stuff...the prices to rent commercial space are way out of line...so what we have left is Craigslist....50% smooth sales, 50% lowballers and no shows...
Middletown Schwinn 2009 001.JPG

You gotta love wrenchin' em. and not counting your labor.
talk about Custom bikes for a minute..like the Longbike I built for last Build OFF...what do you do with them...really? A lot of folks have loved that bike I built..like "Oh , that's cool"....but you just 'know' they ain't gonna buy it...It's just an old bike welded together with some other old metal...now..it's just a problem to store..cut it up again for parts???
unnamed 20.jpg

I am curious what you do with all of your bikes, especially with limited storage....:43:
franco

Last edited:
In addition to craigslist, check out Facebook for local "buy sell trade" pages. There are about 20+ of these in my area and I have had success selling on them as well.

Don't dismiss your long tail cargo bike as just a bunch of metal welded to a bike. That bike would be an easy sale in Savannah. I can't remember what part of Florida you are in. Was it JAX? I would think that would sell well in JAX. You did a great job on that bike. It looks strong, stylish, practical, and professional

I'm lucky to have a pretty good place for my bike stash. I store my future flip bikes and future project bikes there. When I have time, I pull a few out, fix them up, and post them up for sale.

As far as selling my custom bikes, I really don't build them for sale, but to have fun with. With that said, I have sold a few of them when I needed to make room or no longer used them as much, or as in the case of SaltHammer, the price was such that I would have been a fool not to sell it.

Depending on your market, you can make decent coin flipping bikes. You won't be rich, but you'll be able to pay for your hobby and get some extra cash and cool parts on the side.

Savannah is a good riding city, most definitely...just like Charleston where I used to live.but I didn't really do bikes up there...
Now I'm down on Space Coast just south of the Space Center...nice and flat...bike year round, beautiful streets and paths between the River and the Ocean...but, not as affluent as Charleston..or Savannah...so prices are gonna be lower for the most part . Of course, it's not as expensive to live here either

Thanks for the info KF....I'll check out the Facebook sites...never even thought of that....and , you may just be right about the customs...because I never even tried to list one that I modded...
:grin:
bikenut.jpg

Got the Free Spirit Tuned and Ready to Roll
Just was out riding this thing for about 45 minutes....it's so quiet, and shifts perfectly through all gears...what a solid old ride.
26"x1-3/8 tires.
loveit
franco
FS_5.png

FS_4.png

Same with the Sun Cruiser
This is a very nice riding bike...easy to work on...cleaned up well..Single Speed with Coaster Brake.
It's a cruiser without the ballooner tires...which is nice..much smoother ride on roads and sidewalks...tires are 26" x 1.95
:thumbsup:

SunCruiser3.jpg

SunCruiser2.png

Latest posts

Back