Frightliner

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Frightliner- closer- the jet is next

Clean and mean machine. Frightliner is a perfect name.

Re: Frightliner- closer- the jet is next

After reading the comments (a dozen times) I decided that EVERYONE had valid points and in the end I was not "feeling it" (plus my wife burned me and said it looked funny :oops:)

The 2.2 ballon was not going to fit the rear, just to fat, so I traded the tires in for a matchin pair of 2 inch Ragers, the rear end needed to be modified slightly but I got them to fit... like a glove- almost no tolerance, I love when that works out!

I thought about the comments about how heavy the front end looked and the silver rim so I reused the original alloy rim that I had put aside for this project.

After considering what everyone said at this point I am happy with the results, its a good balance. THANKS FOR THE ADVISE!
DSC_0029-2.jpg

DSC_0023-1.jpg

DSC_0024-1.jpg

Re: Frightliner- chromium

tvc15 said:
imagearchy said:
i really like how heavy your bike looks in the front! It looks like the front is doing all the work and the back is along for the ride!

The concept was that the jet in the rear is pushing the bike forward so the front end needs to be more robust. The tire in the rear is 1.5 compared to 2.2 in the front... now I am wondering if it is just goofy looking... Anyone have any thoughts?

I like it the way it is! I like the narrow tire in the rear... A rocket has a lot of mass in the front and a lot of drag in the back to keep it going straight. don't change a thing.((Please!! keep the Bontrager!)) Stick with your Guns...you know you have a good design when it creates controversy. if it is not a good design people say Blahh! and move on because it does not stir any emotion and blends in with the mundane of the rest of the world. this bike ((has)) emotion!

I think the large front tire plays with your eyes and creates a for-shortening effect!
anatomy__foreshortening_by_Jebriodo.jpg

Re: Frightliner- chromium

imagearchy said:
I like it the way it is! I like the narrow tire in the rear... A rocket has a lot of mass in the front and a lot of drag in the back to keep it going straight. don't change a thing.((Please!! keep the Bontrager!)) Stick with your Guns...you know you have a good design when it creates controversy. if it is not a good design people say Blahh! and move on because it does not stir any emotion and blends in with the mundane of the rest of the world. this bike ((has)) emotion!

YA!! what he said!! :mrgreen:

Re: Frightliner- closer-wheelie

Stay with your creative instincts; you won't be disappointed. This build is pure sweetness.

Re: Frightliner- closer-wheelie

I have been back and forth with tires and rims all night! final solution... Keep with the original concept but also max that back end which I really like.... Rager 2.0 in the rear, Rager fat .... 2.2 in the front on a silver rim...

Did I really just wast the entire night putting tires on rims?feeling the pressure now :D

DSC_0005-7.jpg

DSC_0006-5.jpg

Re: Frightliner- final solution

There ya go!
That combo is spot on and the bald front tire is emulated in the smooth fender, perfect.

Now, get a little sleep, when you wake, knock this puppy out!

Cheers,
Dr. T

Skipton said:
With any tire or no front wheel at all :wink: ....... this bike would still get my vote!

+1 8) :mrgreen: :!:

I don't see what your getting so stressed about,the bike looks SWEET either way 8)

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
I don't see what your getting so stressed about,the bike looks SWEET either way 8)

+1

dont over think the bike it looks great and you will drive yourself mad thinking "what if i did this or that?" i have been there before and sometimes it is just easier to stick to your guns and run what ya got

Ahhh. rest and relaxation! Just got back from a four day camping trip at the coast with the family... here is my son Matthew with my his bike... my last build. (Check out that shirt!)
DSC_0067.jpg

When I got back I decided to tighten everything up and make it an official roller.
DSC_0001-2.jpg

I found this really cool 1/2 link chain, ended up needing two chains to get the length. This links on in this chain are NOT standard, they thick and wide, I DESTROYED two Park Tool chain tools to remove links and install this puppy, but I love the look!
DSC_0002.jpg

Added the lucky 7 seat post that Venice Bikes cut and welded for me (thanks!) and installed the seat
DSC_0004-1.jpg

Installed the bars, quill and vintage grips... Also a vintage Speedo (will hook up)
DSC_0005.jpg

Decided on the jet location...starting on the metal work tonight...
DSC_0010-1.jpg

Re: Frightliner- its a roller

Like I said earlier this is the best planned bike in this build. Very nice, Very Professional!

Incredible build!
I just hope that jet exhaust doesn't melt your tire when it glws red hot. :oops:

Tower to Captain, your cleared for flight! Don't forget to apply for your jet pilot license.

Latest posts

Back