... From My Front Door

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had my good camera in Lyons, CO a few years ago and was able to shoot a pro DJ competition. Lotsa fun to watch and after about 20 snaps or so, kinda got the hang of it.

DSCN4579.JPG

DSCN4581.JPG

Mood AF.
From this front door, launched the adventure that you know as Matti. House was built to make room for me. So many Thundrrr memories, so many stories.
IMG_20210821_101124241.jpg
IMG_20210821_101102330.jpg

Learned to ride a bike right there, how to consume beer in a gentlemanly fashion back there, that time with that girl down that hallway... Today, I'm emptying it out, helping ThundrrrDad make trades nobody asked for

"So, so you think you can tell
Heaven from L?
Blue skies from pain?
Can you tell a green field
From a cold steel rail?
A smile from a veil?
Do you think you can tell?

Did they get you to trade
Your heroes for ghosts?
Hot ashes for trees?
Hot air for a cool breeze?
Cold comfort for change?
Did you exchange
A walk-on part in the war
For a leading role in a cage?"

Fifteen Minutes' Drive From My Front Door
View attachment 151873
We passed three dog sled teams on our way. A parkway strung through a cluster of islands in the St Lawrence river. Campgrounds, beaches, empty islands, canoeing, cycling all seem distant as the rain and snow splat down. We duck under the gate blocking the roadway.
View attachment 151876
I'll be camping on this site in six months, stopped by to check it out and was smashed with a wall of reminiscence. Right there, across the bay, remember when Dad gave me my first taste of Labatt's? He laughed so hard when 5 year old me spit it all over the picnic table.View attachment 151875
Today's beverage is warmer, maybe more appropriate. Mmmm hot cocoa
View attachment 151874View attachment 151872
Seems safe to assume that no one is violating that ordinance today.
It’s coming again. The leaves are turning

Maybe one of these guys?
images.jpeg

Surprised that they'd still be in action, but let's be honest, Canada ain't known for cutting edge copters. Cormorant, anyone?

"The CH-146 Griffon is forecast to be retired in 2021. Bell Helicopter Textron Canada Inc. was awarded a C$640 million contract to overhaul and repair the CH-146 fleet until retirement in 2021. The contract includes options to extend the contract up to 2025 if necessary"

Maybe one of these guys?
View attachment 175822
Surprised that they'd still be in action, but let's be honest, Canada ain't known for cutting edge copters. Cormorant, anyone?

"The CH-146 Griffon is forecast to be retired in 2021. Bell Helicopter Textron Canada Inc. was awarded a C$640 million contract to overhaul and repair the CH-146 fleet until retirement in 2021. The contract includes options to extend the contract up to 2025 if necessary"
Not much outside of healthcare facilities, military, and coast guard popping for new choppers these days. Bell, Boeing, and Sikorsky were doing well in other sectors but all that has changed in the past two years. I wouldn't be surprised if you don't see some of these get used for another 5-10 years

I used to monkey around in the UH-1 a bit. They are still relevant and I can hear them long before I see them, just like the C-130.
Yeah the sound was something else. Could instantly tell it wasn't one of the birds they fly at the hospital. I see plenty of the C130s as well, they seem to be patrolling the border with them this year

More likely a coyote, they're making a comeback in the area, and opportunistic feeders. And those carp are super abundant in the shallows, you could fish for them with a baseball bat. I was a little nervous on the island with the kiddos, when coyote get used to people, they can be quite dangerous.
We have so many coyotes that they keep you awake at night howling through the window when it’s open because of heat. They move all night around the area, howling, barking from different places. They harass me when adventure bike camping. I carry a pistol on my bike, mostly because of coyotes. There are really a lot now that the bounty has been eliminated. We have many wolves, the most dangerous to man is the hybrid coywolf. They kill people.

Latest posts

Back