From Scratch - Lounge Rat - Video added

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A blast. Bikes were my passion for many years. Always wanted to build one up from scratch.

Just wish I'd have started earlier. Lots of ideas have come to light in the build process that had I more time, it would attain levels of awesomeness.

Nice work for a first build and so short a timetable too! Looking forward to your next one with more time and experience...

Yes, this was less than a week. Very short timetable, have the basic bike is built.

Thoughts of additional mods to this one. In the coming months as I find more parts for it.

1. banana Seat with back. I have some lever activated, adjustable hydraulic rods to hook to it to make an adjustable reclining seat for comfort.
2. Fenders. I picture them wrap around and come out straight on the front and rear.
3. Headlight and tail light on the fenders. 3 or 4" old school 6 volt automotive headlight or spotlight
4. Winged Hood ornament to ride the headlight
5. Drink holders. Take some 3" exhaust tubes and make a pair of beer holders at the front of the frame, just within reach.

I am looking forward to the next build also. Next time, I will have more planning time. :)

When the clouds and light are right, its a great place.to just hang out and take in the view.

Its in the middle of about a 4-6 mile of shared use trail along the wash. Near where I live.

Latest posts

Back